Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Free paragraph greeking font!

If you're tired of your client asking, "Who is this Lorem Ipsum guy!?", download the totally free and totally wonderful Blokk typeface.

Here's what you get in two seconds:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30e58bfe16bd8b8ef06fe6b87f7f1217.png 
Views:	1124 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	94557

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Free paragraph greeking font!

I have got that as well in the past, although it is rare for me to submit a page layout without having the clients content. The thing is if I have that block text then all I will get is even more questions 'what is that? 'the text is garbled' etc, so sometimes the lorem ipsum is ok. Nice alternative though.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks Gary.

I like that Gare, thanks.
    Skech that reminds me of when I did an interior drawing of a gift shop. There were lot of shelves to be delineated and I drew lots of things and filled them up to make the drawing look nice. But the client said we were going to put such and such there but the shelves are already filled. Go figure. True story,
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ha nice idea, although I can already hear someone asking "what are these random lines here, it was supposed to be text!"

I should start a thread with famous client stories.

But them someone would bust us by sending a link to the client we're talking about!

One of my favorites is: every good print production studio at ad agencies has a Macbeth room: this is where chromes and dye transfers can be viewed under totally stable, accurate color-corrected, neutral lighting.

One of my clients just walked in from a cross-town hike on a sunny day in Manhattan. He held a chrome of the company's product up to the ceiling light and said to me, "Doesn't this look a little green?"

Um, yeah it would unless you take off your sunglasses, sport.

This is okay, because I don't work at the agency any more, haven't in 20 years so this is a bridge I can burn.

-g

Ha classic, Gare..

Yea its unbelievable the things you hear from people. A friend is a photographer and hes always asked if they can use his older work for free. "But it doesnt cost you anything; you've already taken the photo so what difference does it make? We promise to mention your name in the text."

Sweet deal.

One of he hardest things in commercial art is educating a client—most of whom are completely materially-oriented—to the value and worth of an intangible such as a photo, a sketch, and most of all, an idea.

Yes, you can own an idea, and moreover you can sell an idea. An idea can have a monetary worth attached to it, and yet time and again I get these people who want a "performance guarantee" appended to my idea work, just like a satisfaction guarantee on a cereal box, you know?

Funny how we've been living with DRM for over a decade with music and movies and other intangibles, but a concept, an idea? Oh, I just walk around and leave them like a bread crumb trail!

NOT.

So what I usually tell someone who wants bankable results from an intangible creation in advance is:

If you are unsatisfied in any way with my idea, you can return the unused portion of my idea to me.

And I will promptly return to you the unspent portion of your money.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So what I usually tell someone who wants bankable results from an intangible creation in advance is:

If you are unsatisfied in any way with my idea, you can return the unused portion of my idea to me.

And I will promptly return to you the unspent portion of your money.
    That's a great retort! Quite disarming too.

Here's a trio of variations on the greeking theme. I particularly like the script greeking...just weird and wonderful:

Three more Greeking fonts

-g