Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Home Page Link on Nav Bar doesn't work

Hello everyone. Yes,..... I must have done something really dumb. I have published our website and everything is wonderful except the "Home" button on my navigation bar doesn't work. Please visit the site to see what I mean. www.carpentersigns.com .
    I am new to Xara Web Designer 8 Premium, so please be very detailed, and talk slowly, lol, with any ideas you have for me to fix what I messed up. I have attached a pic of what my nav bar prpoerties tab is showing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	94549

Default Re: Home Page Link on Nav Bar doesn't work

Welcome to TalkGraphics

So near yet so far. The only thing I can suggest is to select the Nav Bar and bring it to the front (Ctrl F). Give that a try and let us know if it works.

That did it!!!!! gwpriester, you are a genius! Thamk you so very much, and thank you for talking slow so I would understand.

Hi Dave and welcome to the forums. I believe your problem is because the logo on the left is above the Nav bar so it's not triggering a roll over effect. (It also slightly overlays the About us button such that most of the A in about us doesn't trigger an event). Just ensure your logo is below your nav bar and this should sort the problem.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Snap! You beat me to it Gary.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank you also for your response Egg. I love this program because it is so much more oriented to the drawing type programs. I sure wish there was a wireframe view or something visualy to show that something is under another object. That would have saved me from having to bug you guys for something so simple.
    Thanks again, Dave

Something like this Dave? It's even more impressive as you rotate it around live on screen to see what lays above each element.

This is a neat plug-in for Firefox. See screen grab.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d_view.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	94551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d_prog.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	94552  

Egg

Yes,...that is very cool! Now if Xara could put something just like that in a future edition. Visual is the key for me. Thanks for sharing.