Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Looking for constructive Feedback.

I am in the process of creating a website that shows off a material pack that I am hoping to sell for use in messiah:studio (it's a 3D animation and rendering package).

I'm happy with the look of my image but my web foo and graphic design sense is a little rusty. I want this to be a nice showcase of my skills as well as hopefully sell the product.

If you don't mind. . . could you have a look at my site and see what you think? If you have any suggestions as to ways I can improve it or any glaring problems I'd love to hear them. Thank you in advance.

Link to my site.

Default Re: Looking for constructive Feedback.

Your idea with the carton of eggs is very creative and very well executed!

However, the pages with the examples of the various materials load rather slowly because the main pictures are very large. I would convert them to .jpegs and only use a .png for the background shadow. Perhaps you could also use a lighter color for the explanatory text on each page. I find it a bit difficult to read with the dark background on my monitor.

Fun idea. I agree with Boy that the pages and effect load slower than they should. But you get an A+ for creativity.

Ok I worked on it some more. Not 100% sure what to do about the speed. The issue I guess has to do with .png files being large. I really wish Xara could take a complex grouping with transparent objects and "flatten" them down into a jpg at export time. :-/ Good call on the white text. . . I like that better now that I made the switch and if it helps more people read it clearly then win win!

If you could have another look for me with my most recent changes that would be awesome. Thank you.

Link to my site.

Quote Originally Posted by Wegg View Post
    I really wish Xara could take a complex grouping with transparent objects and "flatten" them down into a jpg at export time. [/URL]
    You can do this by selecting the group of objects and then open Utilities/Web Properties/Image. Now select the .jpeg radio button in the window "Web image type" at the bottom. As I mentioned in my first reply you might want the object that casts a shadow on the background to be a separate .png so that the transparency is maintained.

Could not get the BUY (under Metal Pack), SKIN PACK, or STORE links to load.

It's a work in progress. I haven't made the buy page yet so there is nothing to link too.