Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Linked pages open with a jerk

Hi

I am creating a website with MX Premium. I have several pages and a custom-designed menu that links to those pages. So far so good.

Whichever transition I choose, that transition works and completes, but then in a fraction of a second the page goes white and then reappears. It is just like a shutter on a camera - it opens for a fraction of a second then closes. It spoils the smooth transition and totally spoils an otherwise smooth web design.

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?

Thank you in anticipation.

Tony

Default Re: Linked pages open with a jerk

This is a known issue with transitions and in particular Internet Explorer (the page refreshes after the transition loads).
    Only fix I know of to date is to not use transitions.

Thank you.

The default is an instant transition. Even this jerks when I call a page from the menu. How do you 'not use transitions' and thereby ensure a smooth change of page?

Tony

As a further comment, I have found the jerky transition does not occur with Chrome, but is apparent in Firefox and IE.

Do you know if work is being done to correct this fault? It really spoils the website appearance. Has anyone else reported this as a problem?

Tony

I am not familiar with this but keep in mind the page HTML instructs the browser what content to load and where it goes on the page. Considering the amount of code needed to position objects on the screen, this happens almost instantly.

If you have a lot of content, especially a lot of photos, it can slow down the process. And the jerk you are noticing might not be that apparent to visitors to your site.

If you can post a link to the site we can have a look and tell you if we see the same thing you are seeing.

Thank you for your comments. The site is still under construction and is not yet published, so a link is not available.

Only one page has photos (one of the built-in galleries for testing); the others are relatively simple, and clear. The jerk happens on all pages, whether containing photos, or not. The first most important feature of a website is the immediate visual appearance. If that is good, the viewer will be encouraged to stay and look into the content. If the immediate impact is poor, the website fails in its objectives. I am in danger of having a poor immediate impact.

Interesting it is not apparent on the Chrome browser.

I will press on and hope a solution becomes available before too long.

Thank you

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony1941 View Post
    Thank you.

The default is an instant transition. Even this jerks when I call a page from the menu. How do you 'not use transitions' and thereby ensure a smooth change of page?

Tony
    tony, I suspect when you are viewing in Chrome the size of its window (viewport) is larger that the one you are using for IE. If your next clicked web page length is long, what you are experiencing is the browser adding the vertical scroll bar. If your site has long and short pages, you will always get this jumping regardless of browser. The solution is to set all you pages to the same length so all either display or do not display the scroll bar.

Acorn

Why don't you post the URL to your site so we can test for you?

Thank you for your comments. The site is still under construction and is not yet published, so a link is not available.
    Post #6

I was going to say, I knew a woman who went to sleep a woke up with a jerk, but then thought better of it.