Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw X4 - saving to PDF produces thick font lines in some letters

Saving a PDF with text is curves in Corel Draw X4 has a clitch? All the "L" and some others are thicker?.
    If this is going to a publication, it's fine, it dosn't print like that but if your using it as an art email or proof - it's no good?

Is there a fix?
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X4 - saving to PDF produces thick font lines in some letters

Have you tried printing the document? PDF documents when viewed on the screen tend to display weird. This goes for text as well.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw X4 - saving to PDF produces thick font lines in some letters

This is the result of a graphics glitch, if you zoom into the pdf you will find that the 'L's look fine, they will print perfectly, so don't worry about it. We sometimes get customers checking pdf proofs worrying about this but it is fine when they zoom in or print out.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk
    IP

Yes, this is a well known Adobe reader issue.. Try another PDF viewer such as FOXIT, doesn't happen.
    IP

but other things do, none are perfect

I have acrobat, but I also have reader and nitro [which has a good pdf printer] - a choice is good
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thanks for the posts everyone but the problem lay with my clients. I am aware of the clitch for years and that when viewed 100% and also when printed it's fine. I can't tell my clients to change their viewers eithier. I have to fiqure this out. I thought there was a patch? Does anyone know if the later Corel Draw versions do this?
    IP

It's the PDF reader (renderer), not CorelDraw that's doing anything.
    IP

try saving the pdf as jpegs and then re pdf if required
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980
    IP

Thanks TX,
    Acually that has been my work threw. Only saving the Corel PDF to a Photoshop PDF. This works. This also proves that It's a glitch in Corel not the PDF reader. Going back to me original question, does the new Corel still do that?
    IP