Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Widget problem

Default Widget problem

I'm just trying to do a very quick web site using one of the Xara templates and everything's going well until i got to the "News" page widget. I click on the widget, a new window opens and I replace some of the text & photos, save everything, but then the widget doesn't show up on the web site. It's on page 4 of 6, the object's still there because I can click on it, and it still opens to a new window when I do but it doesn't show on the web site. I know I'm just missing something simple but I haven't been able to figure out what it is. For some reason the Xara file wouldn't upload so I'm attaching a screen shot showing the layer gallery with the widget selected. The site is almost directly from Xara's Web Pack 1, Helios Theme. The widget is on the "News" page. Can any one help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Widget problem

Screenshot won't help at all in this regard unfortunately.
    If your original .xar file is over 10Mb it won'd attach here, can you save a copy of the page and attach that .xar ?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Screenshot won't help at all in this regard unfortunately.
    If your original .xar file is over 10Mb it won'd attach here, can you save a copy of the page and attach that .xar ?
    I thought TalkGraphics would take Xara files of any size. Anyway, I Ctrl A then pasted all onto a new page and uploaded it here. I'd also previously moved the HTML placeholder to the front from where it was below the first set of repeating groups and above the text column. On the widget, I'd also changed a bit of the text on the first pic and replaced the original picture. I think at the replacement of the picture is where the problem occurred. I didn't fix the background color on the copy, otherwise, I think everything's there. BTW, Sledger, you've helped me several times before, over the years I've been using Xara, and I appreciate your graciousness and helpfulness.

Somehow whatever you did to the first page of the widget has broken it.
    I removed that page and recreated it.

Double-click the widget to open the edit window.
    Select the first page with the portrait photo of the lady and gentleman on top the black rectangle.
    Right-click>>Delete page
    Select the now top page of the widget, Edit>>Pages>>Duplicate page
    In windows explorer, select the photo of the lady and gentleman, drag it into the widget edit window and drop it onto the one of the remaining photos.
    Position as required.
    Create a 490x300 black rectangle and position it under your photo
    Save..

This fixed whatever broke.

File attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-16_164210.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	95069