Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help! Xara Designer Pro - cant open! (Not even after a full re-install and PC reb

You don't need to necessarily delete the backups - backups being stored on the file system will not cause a problem, but you could prevent them all from being opened when the program starts, which is what I think you mean. If the program has an error when opening, it could be caused by a document opening that has an error on load, so preventing the backup from re-opening could solve the problem.

Certainly deleting random files in the AppData folder is bad advise and should not be followed. The default location for backup files created by Xara programs (WD, PGD, DP) is within the AppData folder, but again I'd not recommend deleting these on a whim. Only delete files that you know what they are for and why you are deleting them, regardless of where they are stored.

Default Re: Help! Xara Designer Pro - cant open! (Not even after a full re-install and PC reb

Well, the backup folders can get huge in terms of file size. When I cleaned out some old backup files from several back versions of Web Designer and Designer Pro I cleared up somewhere around 50GB. If you are working on a large file, such as the tutorials and Workbooks I used to create for the Xara Xone, and Xara is creating a complete backup every 10 minutes, the file size adds up very quickly.

One could always move the backup files to a temporary folder to see if LogoMount's solution works.

Yes, I agree Gary, but LogoMount suggested deleting files under AppData - there are a lot of files in the AppData folder, but I see he has now updated his original post to clarify where he is talking about. Thanks LogoMount.