Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Help! Xara Designer Pro - cant open! (Not even after a full re-install and PC reb

Did you try doing a clean uninstall (this includes going back and deleting any folders and files in your Programs (x86) folder. Then doing a new re-install.

Default Re: Help! Xara Designer Pro - cant open! (Not even after a full re-install and PC reb

Update:
    After a very long pause (2+ minutes?) Xara finally let me in.

Okay I shall re-install as you suggest GWP, when I get a chance. More later
    Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Did you try doing a clean uninstall (this includes going back and deleting any folders and files in your Programs (x86) folder. Then doing a new re-install.
    Yup that worked - I deleted everything I could find to do with Xara (other than .XAR files). I wonder what went wrong as like I say, it happened on both my PCs at once. Very disconcerting I have to say being as I needed to use Xara in a something of an emergency situation...

Anyhow many thanks

J

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've been noticing this happening this morning too. DPX on a Windows 7 64 bit system. I get to the tip of the day screen and at the bottom it shows adding colours to document at 97% and everything just hangs. I am able to get DPX to run by right clicking on DPX icon on the taskbar and chosing close window from the context list and Then the tip of the day screen loads and I can close it and get to work.

I turned off all info pop ups and set the back up options so that back up open documents on close and restore on open is unchecked and now the program opens normally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.