Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After installing WS-4 I would get a "Connection Timed Out" error or "Cannot Locate Server Error" when I attempted to unlock the program. The problem turned out to be my Norton Antivirus/Internet Security Program. For some reason it wasn't giving me the usual pop-up when a program trys to connect to the internet that would prompt for permission, so I never suspected it. However, after disabling it, WS-4 connected and ran fine. Some users may find that they also have to temporarily disable their firewall in order for WS-4 to connect to the internet since it uses SOAP/port 80.

Thank you for taking the time to post this information within the forum. Some additional information has been included below for those that are encountering difficulties with connecting.

<table borderColor="#000000" cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="3" bgColor="#ffffff" border="0"><tr><td vAlign="top" align="left" bgColor="#dee7ef"><font style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif" color="#000000">I am unable to connect via Webstyle 4 in order to download my
    templates or unlock the program
    </font></td></tr><tr><td vAlign="top" align="left">
    <font style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-serif" color="#000000"><div id="XolRteFragmentDiv" name="XolRteFragmentDiv"><div><font face="Arial" size="2" style="font-size: 10pt" color="#000000">Please check to see whether you can connect to Xara Online from http://www.xaraonline.com by entering your member name and password. This will ensure that you are entering the correct member name and password informaiton.
    </font><font face="Arial" size="2">
    Are you running a firewall? Webstyle 4uses SOAP over HTTP on port 80. Your firewall may be configured to refuse SOAP.

Please check any internet security program you might have to ensure it is not preventing the connection.
    </font></div><div style="width: 775px; height: 128px"><font face="Arial" size="2">Please download and run the diagnostic tool from http://www.xaraonline.com/zym5/xaradiag.exe

If you receive an error from the diagnostic tool, please let us know the error message encountered.

Do you connect via a Proxy? Does the Proxy require authentication? Do you have an automatic configuration script set within your LAN settings?

Lastly, please select start and then run from your windows start bar and type regedit.<br
    Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\xara\webstyle\xmupload
    Is the folder present?
    </font></div></div></font></td></tr></table>

Please provide the answers to the above questions to the support team whom can be contacted via the webstyle faqs at xara.com/support/webstyle.

[This message was edited by Xara Support on November 12, 2003 at 10:55.]

Yes to all of the above. Yes we are behind a firewall, yes we do use a proxy, yes we do use autoscripts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dkardell:
    Yes to all of the above. Yes we are behind a firewall, yes we do use a proxy, yes we do use autoscripts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi could you contact the Xara Support team please in order ot progress this matter

Thank you

I am having a similar problem regarding the five new templates recently released by Xara -- Corporate Edge, Sci-Fi, etc. I am running Windows XP Pro with the Internet Connection Firewall enabled. I have followed the steps in the FAQ (the diagnostic returened no errors and I verified the registry entry).

I have emailed Xara Support about the issue (Ticket # 37123:10901:0). Since emailing them, I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Webstyle and re-downloading the templates. No dice. I keep getting the same error message:

Webstyle has encountered an error communicating with the server...

Unexpected error (0x80040155)

I am connected to the Internet through dial-up. I checked the Xara Webstyle directory and it looks like the template files were downloaded, the error appears to happen when the program attempted to add them into the program. I cannot find an option though to add them into the program manually.

Got any ideas? Thanks =)

Flynn

I am also having an issue similar to this installing. Unexpected error (0x80040154) is the error code I am getting. Also it keeps telling me I need to reboot to use the software.... have rebooted several times. Any Ideas??

Honestly, I'd forgotten I'd posted this. Where the error occurs is after the template thumbnails have downloaded and it goes to download the actual template files. I haven't resolved it because I'm going to re-install everything this weekend (getting a new hard drive). I uninstalled it from my main machine and installed it on my backup computer (which is running the same OS and software) and everything worked fine. I don't get it.

It's an aggrevating problem. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

But, if I run into it again after reinstalling this weekend, I'll email Xara again. If I find out anything, I'll post it here.

Flynn

Thanks, I'll give that file a try and see what happens http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Flynn

I'm getting a similar message only my message reports "Bad URL" but the title is the same "Xara Server Connection Problem.

I'm using a laptop. Connected to the internet here in my office I get the error message. However, using my laptop at a client's office and it works fine.

Uninstall and re-install WebStyle 4 corrected nothing.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
    --
    Phillip

P.S. - I tried the "fix" listed above but it was not successful.
    --
    Phillip