Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirror Tool

Default Re: Mirror Tool

I don't think the mirror plane ("construction line") would remain in a purpose built tool.

I would agree that mirroring is pretty easy to do (at any angle), so I don't really see it as being an important feature, but we're all different and anyone is entitled to ask for a feature.

agreed
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Pauland, not only is it not easy to mirror across a slanted line, I believe it is impossible with current tool. A workaround of some sort is required to get true mirrored objects across angular lines. If you disagree, then an illustration showing your procedure would be appreciated.

Wizard509, why the reluctance to endorse suggestions for better and more complete drawing tools? Suggestions may be for tools you would never use, but others may find them helpful. Mirroring is such a common technique in design that a Mirror Tool is standard in drafting software so why not in Xara too? It would complete the two Flip tools.

Iagman, if I wanted a variable reflection, I would just mirror, rotate and reposition. It's not something that I've ever needed to do often and I've never found it a chore. I appreciate that if you are doing that kind of thing a lot it might become tedious.

I don't think it's something I've heard much demand for, but I guess Xara will decide whether the cost of production is worthwhile.

Thanks, being new I don't know what has or has not gone before. My only intention is to make suggestions that reflect the way I work and those tools which would help me so they are purely personal. It also may stir up new information that I did not know from the more experienced Xara users.