Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Folder / path problem

I have ran into this before but have been able to work around it.

I have scanned a bunch of pics to a folder with a path - jim/brown's pottery/new scans/jan 28,2013. This is the path that shows when I go to "computer". There are 25 folders under "jim" and I also have folders for New scans.jpg and New scans.xar and one final folder.

But when I go to import one of these pics into DPro X, this path is not there. It shows jim/brown's pottery but the folders "new scans, new scans.jpg and new scans.xra are not there nor are some 16 other folders. Instead, it takes me to "pictures" and under that are the new scans.jpg, etc but not the new scans/jan 28, 2013.

As I said, I have had this problem in the past but have always been able to work around it but I can't find a way to get to the folder which has 135 scanned pics in it. The scanner puts these in as .jpg files. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Folder / path problem

Jeb, a couple of things to try.

In Windows Explorer, open into one of the missing sub-folder to copy the full path from the address bar.
    In Xara, open the dialog File > Import... and paste this path direct into the File name: box and click the Open button.
    This should open into the correct files.

If not, simply click and drag each required file from Windows Explorer and drop onto your Xara page.

Acorn

Tks, Acorn - this is the strangest thing I have run into.

If I bring a photo into Xara, make corrections and go to export it opens to a folder "Final jpg" which is under the "pictures" folder under Brown's Pottery. But when I go to my computer and click down to Brown's Pottery there is no "pictures" folder and I can't find the "Final jpg" folder. If I do a search, it is there.

I have tried this a dozen times and come up with the same result. Strange. Even re-booted computer. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb, I therefore suspect that you have two such folder structures!
    When you come to save into the Final jpg folder, right click on an existing file in the folder, select its Properties and copy its Location.
    Paste that into your open Windows Explorer to check it the folder is there.

Acorn

Acorn, you are correct - I have a main folder - JIM - in which I have put most everything I do and have a bunch of folders under it. I have scanned a group of pictures which I then bring into Xara and improve on and then export them. I put them into a folder named Final.jpg

Somehow, it appears that when I went to export, instead of going back to the root folder I had imported the photo from, it went to the USERS folder instead and then to a folder under it - pictures. Not catching it, I then made a new folder and named it Finial.jpg.

At least, with your help, I have found the error of my ways and will clean things up a little. I have imported files, etc from 4 older computers over the years and have put each in a different folder to keep the old info. Tks for the help. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com