Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What happened to Priester ?

Have to admit that I dont visit the xaraxone all that often but recently I saw a post here about a tutorial and went to check it out and saw that xaraxone is now being hosted? by Bouton. So maybe it was announced here earlier and I missed it, but just curious what happened to Priester? Gary did you just need a break? I always thought I would see Mr. Priester as the host or webmaster of the xaraxone . Well maybe Gary had other projects that needed his attention so they found another Gary ? Well not a big deal but I am just curious
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: What happened to Priester ?

Hi Bruce, As of last January Gary Priester retired as host of the Xara Xone and Gary Bouton took over the reins. The Xone is still a great place to learn something new each month and an archive has been maintained to preserve the 15 years worth of material that Gary Priester produced. So yep you somehow missed the changing of the Garys at the Xone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Bruce van Winkle is it?

This was my announcement http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ut-Not-Goodbye

Hi Gary ,
    Well i have not been very active here for a while and missed your announcement. I do visit the xone once in a while. Over the past 3 years or so I was laid off from the electronics industry and had been very busy transitioning to a new career for myself and just havent had much time to spend working on graphics and visiting the forums like I used to. Recently my hard work has been paying off and got my career in line and finances working out again and have now a little more time to visit the forums and get back to my hobby of working on my web site and making graphics with xara.
    I remember when I first started doing computer graphics, I found the i-us forums that you mentioned in your announcement, that is where I first met you and I think I had entered a contest there and they giving away a copy of xara webster as a prize. I didn't win the contest but I decided to buy a copy of webster, and that is how I got hooked on Xara. When the forums moved to talkgraphics I did too. After this I bought Corel Xara and bought all of the upgrades up to Xara 4 I think. Then the recession got me and have not upgraded in a while. Once I get the bank account back up will probably buy the latest Xara edition. Frances mentioned the 15 year archive, and I have been following you on the xaraxone these past 15 years and have learned a lot from you. I thank you very much for your service and dedication to the Xaraxone, talkgraphics, xara users and the graphics community. You have certainly earned a break from it all and I am glad that you will have some more time for yourself and will still be active here at talkgraphics. I am sure that as you said Gary Bouton will take good care of the xone. I watched the latest tutorial video and really enjoyed it. This is when I realized that you had turned over the reins.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Welcome back Bruce.