Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I got a new system recently and so I figured I'd try out the demo of Picture Publisher 10 again. Everything seemd to be fine.

Anyway , I was looking for information on google groups about it just for something to do. One of the first threads I saw was regarding a problem that installing Picture Publisher makes Internet Explorer 6 unable to make new windows.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ogle.com#link1

Well this is exactly the problem I had months ago twice on another computer both when I used windows98 and after I upgraded to windowsXP. On both systems I had downloaded the Picture publisher demo and this happened both times.

I never knew the cause and thought it might have been the Opera browser "diable pop-up windows" that did it.

So when I read the above thread I immediately went into IE6 and tried a site with pop-ups (my own) and sure enough .... no pop-ups. Once again my IE 6 will no longer open new windows ( javascript pop-ups or new windows invoked by target=_blank in pages ... or even going to windows start menu and clicking "windows update" won't open a window). And now just like before, another symptom is that PhotoImpact's Visual Open window won't pop up which is really annoying!

You can be assured I'll be sending off a very strong email to Corel about this. This is affecting my system now. There apparently is a patch to solve this but it would have been nice to have been told this up front.

http://www.micrografx.com/support/patches.asp

this type of thing is really very annoying and should be illegal .... COREL fix the darned APP before making it available for download!

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

I got a new system recently and so I figured I'd try out the demo of Picture Publisher 10 again. Everything seemd to be fine.

Anyway , I was looking for information on google groups about it just for something to do. One of the first threads I saw was regarding a problem that installing Picture Publisher makes Internet Explorer 6 unable to make new windows.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ogle.com#link1

Well this is exactly the problem I had months ago twice on another computer both when I used windows98 and after I upgraded to windowsXP. On both systems I had downloaded the Picture publisher demo and this happened both times.

I never knew the cause and thought it might have been the Opera browser "diable pop-up windows" that did it.

So when I read the above thread I immediately went into IE6 and tried a site with pop-ups (my own) and sure enough .... no pop-ups. Once again my IE 6 will no longer open new windows ( javascript pop-ups or new windows invoked by target=_blank in pages ... or even going to windows start menu and clicking "windows update" won't open a window). And now just like before, another symptom is that PhotoImpact's Visual Open window won't pop up which is really annoying!

You can be assured I'll be sending off a very strong email to Corel about this. This is affecting my system now. There apparently is a patch to solve this but it would have been nice to have been told this up front.

http://www.micrografx.com/support/patches.asp

this type of thing is really very annoying and should be illegal .... COREL fix the darned APP before making it available for download!

Ok ... I ran the patch and it said something about "registry entries succesfully merged" ...which sounds "comforting".

But I was just lucky to see that patch mentioned on that google tread. I just checked www.micrografx.com again and nowhere in the chain of pages from which you download the PicPub10 demo does it mention this patch .... I find this unacceptable. How many people download this and have this problem and don't realise this demo is the cause or that there's a patch to fix this.

When this happened to me on my other system I searched google groups endlessly (for many many hours) with searches such as "IE6 windows not working" or pop-ups not working in IE" etc ....and never once was this Picture Publisher mentioned (lots of info pointing to microsoft knowledge base articales which offered no help at all. And I never made the connection to the demo.

I think it's unlawful for a company to offer a download that is known by them to cause a problem and not offer this information in an obvious place while you attempt to download the demo. They should show the patch link and an obvious note right there in front of you while you are on the download page!

I'm writing Corel and Micrografx now! I predict there will be some changes to their websites in a short while! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

a bill for your time! (Of course they won't pay it because of the "use at your own risk" clauses; but, maybe it will make them notice the absurdity of their needless disregard of their users).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hey,
    I know this is a really old post, but I still use Micrografx Picture Publisher 10 and found this site when looking for and update patch for it. Since Corel bought them out, they now have no area for support for this product. I did find a site that still had the patch available so I thought I would post it here for anyone else that finds this site in search of the patch. http://graphicssoft.about.com/gi/dyn...afx_updates%2F
    From there you should be able to download the patch. Hope this helps someone and God Bless.

Crusader4JC

Very nice of you. Thanks...

The updates were always difficult to get. As I remember, you had to log in to be able to get the download. When it was acquired by Corel, the link went to MGX, and it was the same process. I have a few updates, but it is difficult to know what they are for. I use PP10 and haven't had any problems. Maybe because it is the Pro version. Rich

Thank you very much!

Today I use PP 8 and it was a bad news the day when I discover that Corel has bought Micrografx... They have killed a beautiful program that make possible to leave whitout Photoshop!

Best reagards,
    Alessandro from Italy (with is terrible english! Where are you when your teacher make is lessons at school?)