Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: pop up BG

Default pop up BG

Hi

Is there a way to make on a pop up layer which fades in so that the dark over lay i put on that layer will fill a browsers window other than making the dark overlay huge and scroll bars appearing to account for all screen sizes?

1.e attach some sort of code to that element?

The reason is the HS for me is too sudden plus it clashes with a iframe element with a .swf file in it so that bg shadow does not fill the window (CS at support made aware of this about 4 months ago and i was told testing show the problem goes way back to wd6 with Hs)

Normally I use visual lightbox but because the image in this case is on the pop up layer and is very long as you move the window the image VLb re centres (as its designed) so you cant get to see the bottom half which you can with the pop up fade method.

failing this will contact VLb support to see if they can give me a heads up so i can keep the pop up VLB image static

Cheers
    Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: pop up BG

I understood about a tenth of that, Scruff

Any chance you can re write please

less is more steve trying to give the details!

A pop up layer with an image and a back ground shadow overlay that i have manually made. Can the BG shadow be auto resized to the browser as the HS pop up does - is there a tweak/ code/script i could attatch to it or is it still in the constraints of wysiwyg?

Cheers

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

You mean dimming the background page, an overlay?

Something like I've done with the auto-popup demo?
    http://xara-users.info/demos/auto-po...load/index.htm

yes sort of steve but it looks like you have the paste board the same colour as the bg pop up overlay - am i wrong? to give the appearance of the whole browser window dimming is there a way to make the dark overlay pop up to automatically fill the browser window as my paste board is light blue and i want the pop up overlay to be dark to cover everything... i.e is there a tweak so the overlay 'expands' to the browser size? as occurs in lightbox but from within xara with a bit of code tweaking?

Scruffy
    Last edited by scruffy.thedog; 25 January 2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: added words

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    is there a tweak so the overlay 'expands' to the browser size? as occurs in lightbox but from within xara with a bit of code tweaking?
    None that I am aware of.
    You could do a google search for some jquery scripts to dim pages, there's one I recall seeing a while ago called 'Lights out'..

Cheers steve will look in to it in google / get on to lighttbox support see if they can suggest an easy way to keep the image static