Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random images?

Default Re: Random images?

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    Why doesn't the pictures I add automatically stretch to the new placeholder size? 244.png doesn't want to fit correctly for some reason.
    Is that what you would expect from a WYSIWYG Web site building program?

No, as I mentioned in the video, create your placeholder the same size as your images (which obviously means your images are the same size as the placeholder), you cannot have a dynamic placeholder, not in Xara - sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by trnhockey View Post
    ..a random picture of Art Laboe in the upper left corner of the page appearing every so often?
    Because you have the code twice on your page and it includes the incorrect line I mentioned earlier.
    Remove that second code block.

<script type="text/javascript">
    //Specify random URLs to display inside iframe
    var randomcontent=new Array()
    randomcontent[0]="index_htm_files/244.png"
    randomcontent[1]="index_htm_files Art-laboe-2/.jpg"

//No need to edit after here
    document.write('<iframe width=100% height=100% marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="'+randomcontent[Math.floor(Math.random()*randomcontent.length)]+'"></iframe>')
    </script>

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Because you have the code twice on your page and it includes the incorrect line I mentioned earlier.
    Remove that second code block.

<script type="text/javascript">
    //Specify random URLs to display inside iframe
    var randomcontent=new Array()
    randomcontent[0]="index_htm_files/244.png"
    randomcontent[1]="index_htm_files Art-laboe-2/.jpg"

//No need to edit after here
    document.write('<iframe width=100% height=100% marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" hspace="0" vspace="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="'+randomcontent[Math.floor(Math.random()*randomcontent.length)]+'"></iframe>')
    </script>
    Hi Sledger, I think that's been corrected. But for some reason I'm getting purple backgrounds and duplicate images in the upper left corner of the page?

I think it will work, so long as I can get the weird purple and random photo showing up at the top corners of the page to go away!

Any ideas on why that's there?

http://home.comcast.net/~radiodays/products.htm

Sorry, but you haven't corrected the mistake as mentioned in post#12

Please check your .web file - it appears that you have added the script code to the Web Properties>>Page>>HTML code (body) - please remove it.

Sorry, but you haven't corrected the mistake as mentioned in post#12

Please check your .web file - it appears that you have added the script code to the Web Properties>>Page>>HTML code (body) - please remove it.
    Thanks for everything Sledger. Now the final question. I'm redoing the website at radiohof.org. I have over 100 radio inductees that need their webpages redone.

How do I go about reproducing this placeholder on the Art Laboe page that YOU Sledger just created, for all the other pages? Is there a way of making it copy over everytime to the new pages I create?
    Last edited by trnhockey; 25 January 2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Question added

Thanks for everything Sledger. Now the final question. I'm redoing the website at radiohof.org. I have over 100 radio inductees that need their webpages redone.

How do I go about reproducing this placeholder on the Art Laboe page that YOU Sledger just created, for all the other pages? Is there a way of making it copy over everytime to the new pages I create?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roap.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	94222  

Thanks again!

Hi Sledger. Would you happen to know why the code you gave me doesn't expand all the way when see in the "Opera" browser?

Take a look if you have Opera ... http://www.speakingofradio.com/MBC_TEST/index.htm