Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default stroke weight question

Hey

I just want to know if there is a way of changing the line weight of a grouped illustration. (The illustration is comprised of lines with varying weight) Is there a way to double the line weight for instance? Any help is appreciated

Thanks!
    IP

Default Re: stroke weight question

Hi Aacreative, there is no way that a know of, it would be a nice feature to have.

One workaround though is to turn line scaling on, Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 167
Size:  310 Bytes, scale your group up, turn line scaling off, scale it back down to it's original size.

Marc

Welcome to TalkGraphics Aacreative.

You can select a line that has the width you want, copy the line to the clipboard (Ctrl c) then select the group and Paste Attributes (Edit > Paste > Paste Attributes).

But this will apply the same line weight to every object on the group.
    IP

I think this is an Adobe Illustrator question?
    IP

you could try using Marc's method in illustrator - the basic way to switch scaling line width during object transformation is here:

http://www.bittbox.com/illustrator/i...trokes-that-is
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

The way that I would do it is to select the group, which can be done either using Direct Selection/Layers Panel/Appearance Panel as it would depend how easy the group was to click on. Then just go to the Path Menu (top menu) look at what the stroke weight was and double it. All that is down to if you want all your grouped lines to be the same in weight. If you want to keep all of the varying line weights to be doubled in size then use the layer panel, select the group, expand the group by clicking on the triangle then select each path, change the stroke weight up on the path menu for each part of the expanded group. Sorry there are no simple one click solutions here.
    In your preference menu, go to Edit down to "Preferences -> General" area, make sure "Scale Strokes & Effects" is selected
    Also have a look at this tut it will help: http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials...troke-scaling/
    Last edited by Albacore; 25 January 2013 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spelling
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

thanks for the link Peter that's a straight-forward demonstration of the method in illustrator
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Not really sure what Aacreative wanted here so thought I would try & cover some of the solutions. Never thought about doing the quick tip shown in the above link which is really bad considering I have been using the programme for 10 years.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP