Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Modifying javascript for mouseover menus

Hi all,

I'm using Web Designer MX Premium, and I have a nav bar that I dragged on to my page from the designs gallery. The nav bar has sub-menus on it, and, looking at the page .html source, those sub-menus are generated by javascript. What I would like to do is change the background color, font, etc., of the sub-menu selections, which are displayed onMouseOver. But since the js is generated automatically, I'm wondering how I go about changing it.

In general, how would I modify the javascript for a page that has it? A view/edit source option would sure be nice for MX Premium.

Thanks!

Don

Default Re: Modifying javascript for mouseover menus

You edit the sub-menu colours via the Navgation Bar properties>>Popup menu style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nav-style.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	94175

Xara's HTML and .js is not designed to be editible, for if you do - the next time you export your design, your edits are gone!

Ahhh, thank you thank you! I missed that little button (okay, actually a pretty big button) that lets me modify the popup menu style. Much obliged!

- Don

It does to an extent. But it is somewhat limited. But give it a go.

There is a more convoluted process using Layers that gives you more freedom but it's a bit involved. So see if you like customizing the drop down menus first.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It does to an extent. But it is somewhat limited. But give it a go.

There is a more convoluted process using Layers that gives you more freedom but it's a bit involved. So see if you like customizing the drop down menus first.
    So far so good, but I'd definitely like to explore the layers - the fonts I am allowed in the menus are limited, and I'm sure I could think of a few other things as well. Is there a good reference on how to use layers for this purpose somewhere?

Don

Here's an old Xara Xone Guest Tutorial that explains the basics and that shows you some of the possibilities. http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest80/