Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My Big Wish List for Xara Web Designer 9

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post

Improve Navigation Menu (make your sub-menus look like they are suppose to be their)

Current navigation menu makes these really weird grey small boxes for sub-menus. The sub-menus should match the standard part of menu. Also when you create custom menu the sub-menus should match. I know the old method of using mouse-over states allow you to have proper sub-menu but I would like to see the automated menu via navigation bar editing properties do this automatically.
    This is already possible - you can customise the sub menus on a nav bar to be whatever colour you want. It's just grey is the default colour, expecting that you will change the colours to suit your design

Double click on the nav bar in Web Designer to open the Nav Bar Properties dialog and click Menu Styles.

This dialog changes the colours for ONLY the sub menus, so customise the colours, apply borders, spaceing, transparency and all other settings for them here.

Click OK to both open dialogs and preview the page.

It would be nice to be able to extend a graphic from the page workspace onto the page background directly, without jumping through all the hoops that Steve has posted a few tutorials on.
    Quite confusing, to be honest.
    What I'm talking about are full width background elements.
    Last edited by Merlin_AZ; 13 March 2013 at 04:52 PM.

How about a photo wizard without the little box in it - the box would only come up if you clicked on it? That way you could see the complete photo without the box and also be able to zoom in for more detail. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

My wish would be to create full width headers and footers without tweaks.

The only thing which comes to mind and which cannot be achieved through other means is dynamic pages which change length according to the content; so that I can use something like ecwid and have the pages change length.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

If the software could remember the local folder where the project concerned last exported its HTML to that would be great (or at least have that option. It would go nicely with the FTP settings).

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    The only thing which comes to mind and which cannot be achieved through other means is dynamic pages which change length according to the content; so that I can use something like ecwid and have the pages change length.
    +1

If the software could remember the local folder where the project concerned last exported its HTML to that would be great (or at least have that option. It would go nicely with the FTP settings).
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    +1
    So many times I almost overwrote other sites when exporting.

As Champ said

"Reverse Numbering

This one is a bit harder to explain and I might have to embed video to show what I mean. Basically it would allow you to set a number for page like the number "1" for your first article you write and then when you create a new page i.e. you duplicate that original page "1" it will automatically create a page "2" link and automatically reverse the links so that your most recent article number 2 will be set to link to number "1" link and link number "2" would link to the older article. It would function more so like a blog in regards to posting new articles."

it would be very very useful

bye