Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My Big Wish List for Xara Web Designer 9

Xara Web Designer 9 Wish List

Seamless Pattern Creation Tool:

Having the fill gallery textures is great but would be nice to create your own seamless patterns for use as page backgrounds.

Tool to create Vector abstract lines:

see examples:

Abstract Lines
    abstract colorful ribbon

Reverse Numbering

This one is a bit harder to explain and I might have to embed video to show what I mean. Basically it would allow you to set a number for page like the number "1" for your first article you write and then when you create a new page i.e. you duplicate that original page "1" it will automatically create a page "2" link and automatically reverse the links so that your most recent article number 2 will be set to link to number "1" link and link number "2" would link to the older article. It would function more so like a blog in regards to posting new articles.

Email Form Builder :

Creating a web form in Xara would be exciting!

Mobile Website Templates

With auto generated code to detect screen size and adjust accordingly i.e. to switch between mobile site and desktop site

Smart Access Panel: (Speeds Up Workflow)

A panel that has up to 7 tools shown that you can access at any given time via short cut key for frequently used options that you can't remember the short cut keys for. This would be very useful for newbies and veterans on Xara program. The fact is that some short cuts you will not remember their is just too many options and this would be useful for those option you can't remember.

Categorize Pages via Page and Layer Gallery:(improves organization)

For example be able to create a folder called "product a" and place all pages that are related to "product a" in that folder. If you had pages related to "news" place them in a folder called "news". Would be useful when you have a lot of pages to manage.

Better link to page management:

If you have a 30 page document and try to link to a page via link tab you have to scroll through 30 options imagine if that was 50 or 60 pages it would get even more tedious. Add search function to search for specific pages and then pick link from results shown.

Include new fonts

With the new font embed feature would be nice to have some new fonts available

Improve Navigation Menu (make your sub-menus look like they are suppose to be their)

Current navigation menu makes these really weird grey small boxes for sub-menus. The sub-menus should match the standard part of menu. Also when you create custom menu the sub-menus should match. I know the old method of using mouse-over states allow you to have proper sub-menu but I would like to see the automated menu via navigation bar editing properties do this automatically.

What features would all like to see in version 9 of xara web designer?

Default Re: My Big Wish List for Xara Web Designer 9

can I add a small one in - I would like to be able to slide layers in from any point on the screen not just top,bottom,left & right of screen :-) thank you

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    can I add a small one in - I would like to be able to slide layers in from any point on the screen not just top,bottom,left & right of screen :-) thank you
    You are awesome!!! I've been wanting that feature too! Basically be able to set the starting point of the slide in effect is what you mean right? For example if you had an object that was in center of screen that has a mouse-over effect you would want it to start where that object is at on screen rather than at the edge of the screen.

yh thats it - it would make it possible to make some awesome effects - lets hope eh ??

Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
    yh thats it - it would make it possible to make some awesome effects - lets hope eh ??
    Yeah I'm hoping for that it would allow countless number of effects. Also would be nice if the effects could be repeated for the special effects.... I'm not sure if any one else has tried but if I set an element to repeat on all pages and it has a special mouse-over effect such as slide-in it, fade-in and so on it doesn't repeat the special effect it goes back to a basic effect on all other pages except for the page the original element was on.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Auto hypenation. This would be more for DTP than web design but it could be helpful for web design as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Smart Tables - vital for any DTP product.

Acorn

In response to champ when you apply same attributes to a vector/picture the pop up and alt tags don't get applied also grammar check for repeat words and spacing for dyslexiiks like me I write in word in word> export note pad > DP8 to rule out mistakes

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy.thedog View Post
    In response to champ when you apply same attributes to a vector/picture the pop up and alt tags don't get applied also grammar check for repeat words and spacing for dyslexiiks like me I write in word in word> export note pad > DP8 to rule out mistakes

scruffy
    That would be nice!

I would love to see a 'Mega Menu' option in the navbar creation function as my site is much too big to really cope with a standard navbar www.lookinuk.com it has just over 180 pages. Also to improve export functionality as I had to split my site into two as it couldn't cope during the export (just stopped, too many pages) when I got two thirds of the development, activities and attractions sub menu sections, under the 'Entertainment' menu, had to be created as a separate site and then dropped back in after.

Quote Originally Posted by champ View Post

Xara Web Designer 9 Wish List

Seamless Pattern Creation Tool:

Having the fill gallery textures is great but would be nice to create your own seamless patterns for use as page backgrounds.

Tool to create Vector abstract lines:

see examples:

Abstract Lines
    abstract colorful ribbon

Reverse Numbering

This one is a bit harder to explain and I might have to embed video to show what I mean. Basically it would allow you to set a number for page like the number "1" for your first article you write and then when you create a new page i.e. you duplicate that original page "1" it will automatically create a page "2" link and automatically reverse the links so that your most recent article number 2 will be set to link to number "1" link and link number "2" would link to the older article. It would function more so like a blog in regards to posting new articles.

Email Form Builder :

Creating a web form in Xara would be exciting!

Mobile Website Templates

With auto generated code to detect screen size and adjust accordingly i.e. to switch between mobile site and desktop site

Smart Access Panel: (Speeds Up Workflow)

A panel that has up to 7 tools shown that you can access at any given time via short cut key for frequently used options that you can't remember the short cut keys for. This would be very useful for newbies and veterans on Xara program. The fact is that some short cuts you will not remember their is just too many options and this would be useful for those option you can't remember.

Categorize Pages via Page and Layer Gallery:(improves organization)

For example be able to create a folder called "product a" and place all pages that are related to "product a" in that folder. If you had pages related to "news" place them in a folder called "news". Would be useful when you have a lot of pages to manage.

Better link to page management:

If you have a 30 page document and try to link to a page via link tab you have to scroll through 30 options imagine if that was 50 or 60 pages it would get even more tedious. Add search function to search for specific pages and then pick link from results shown.

Include new fonts

With the new font embed feature would be nice to have some new fonts available

Improve Navigation Menu (make your sub-menus look like they are suppose to be their)

Current navigation menu makes these really weird grey small boxes for sub-menus. The sub-menus should match the standard part of menu. Also when you create custom menu the sub-menus should match. I know the old method of using mouse-over states allow you to have proper sub-menu but I would like to see the automated menu via navigation bar editing properties do this automatically.

What features would all like to see in version 9 of xara web designer?