Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If it's the movies I'm thinking about then I got them on a Free CoverCD on a UK mag... I hadn't even heard of Xara then. It was those movies that caused me to fall instantly in love with Xara and to go and immeadiately buy a copy... I was wowed...

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward
    IP

Brit PC Magazines feature CD's and nowadays even DVD's! It was about 6 years ago that the above mentioned mag's featured the Xara Demo video and a viewer for Xara .art and Corel .cdr files. (In that time Corel had just released DRAW! 5 so Xara had (and still has) a competitive edge with it's speed and the Spartan style of it's interface. I, also, fell for it instantly!)

Xara's original release was on 5 diskettes and an accompanying CD. In the same undercooled and relaxed style as that demo video, there were 50 or something other video's explaining the workings of Xara Studio and it's various aspects.
    IP

A couple of months ago, I called Corel in England and asked them for the Xara 2 CD. Apparently they couldn't find it! About a week later the CD came through the post, no charge. So, if you try now you may get it before Xara X.

Tom
    IP

Tom, I emailed xara a couple of
    weeks ago telling them of my movie
    plight and a very helpful gal
    named barbara sent me a disc at no
    charge. And yes, the movies are
    very helpful!! (and fun)

I hope they do that in xara x

Kevin
    IP