Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Question about how to create "The Flower of Life" symbol

These are interesting methods, I have been doing it with circles and using the snap to objects and each circle is snapped with either it's edge aligned to the center of the previous circle or intersections where the circles overlap. I build the seed of life first and then build outward on that until I have the flower. To finish it off I draw the final large circle around the flower and remove the bits I dont need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Interesting exercise. Here's my method:

http://screencast.com/t/TB2dCiV3
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok - here's the geometry for the duplication method - as attached - the more accurate the measurements the more accurate the drawing of course...

I am told that for a 60 degree angle the y offset should be a quarter the circle diameter, but the x offset needs to be measured/calculated

[BTW: I thought I had used a 200pix circle, but somewhere along the way xara decided it is 200.2pix - don't see any noticable difference...]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fol A1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	94139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folA2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	94140

in practice you can put the two offset values either way round and it still appears to work...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folA3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	94143

thats interesting too Egg all good fun
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is awesome thanks everyone I've learned a lot
    Ron Cavagnaro

thats good

I just learnt that since it is a circle the choice of which to call x and which to call y is purely arbitary; which makes sense

First I apologize for taking so long to get this done ( I had family matters to attend to)

I like Eggs method, it's quick and easy. I went ahead and did my video any way as it shows my method better than my previous explanation. My method as you will see in the video follows the theory of some of the symbols that are contained in the flower of life. What really amazes me is that these symbols date back to biblical times and possibly even before that and yet the first steps of the creation of this symbol going by the theory and starting with the Vescia Piscus and going through to the Seed of Life are almost identical to the stages of division of a fertilized human egg as it becomes an embryo, something only visible with a microscope!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

thanks Frances

[Mitosis [technically mitosis and cytokinesis] from a human fertilised egg produces something that looks rather like a berry prior to implantation... ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes it would in a 3 dimensional view, however take a look at the images on this page http://transmissionsmedia.com/flower...y-of-creation/ on the left is the beginning stages of a flower of life drawing and on the far right are actual microscope images of a human egg dividing, the similarities are quite striking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I quess this is not really the forum to discuss matters gynecological

sure the patterns look similar in 2 dimensions, but the whole point is that through all the stages from zygote to embryo, and beyond, what it is, is 3 dimensional .....

I'll grant it's a cute 'association'

the pattern is more likely to be a reminder that everything is part of everything else and it all goes round in circles - but that's just my view of course...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...