Hi Susanne,

Wolfgang is right about the navigation. Something like on Catherine McIntyre's site (two arrows pointing at the former and the next image, and a globe to go home) would make your site better.

But you have a very personal design, and I liked it very much. Your design immediately made me think of Flash. I even expected the site to be a Flash site...

If I may say so (and you asked...): I would blur the edges of RED44, so that it merges into the black background, and in IE5.5 I saw a lighter border on the right-hand side and under BLUE43.

I did like CLASSIC29 very much because it hold lots of surprises I didn't see at first glance.

My opinion? With your sense for what is "in" and your personal expression and design, I'd focus on fashion photography.

And when I was in Vienna, long time ago, there was a street poet who gave small photocopies of his poems to everyone passing by. On one of them I read: (sorry, in German):

Die uns vorleben wollen wie schön es ist zu sterben,
Wenn sie uns vorsterben wollten, wie schön wäre das Leben.

Why this poem here? Because Art also needs something timeless, a bottomless, fathomless ocean. Oscar Wilde said: "He has nothing to say, but he says it in an admirable way." I love Oscar, but I can't live on Sachertorte alone...I need depth, personal engagement, at the peril of loosing control...or your mind. Art is a quest into the unknown regions of what it means to be human, and there things are extremely hot or cold, but never cool nor lukewarm.

Of course, all this is only my opinion.