Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Need help with Photo & Graphic Designer 2013 galleries and xarainfo

Hello
    When I open galleries in 2013 Photo & Graphic Designer and then disc, I don't see the xarainfo available.
    I understand that the xarainfo holds the graphics I need to design.
    I am running Windows 7 starter and new to this design software.
    Is live chat available?
    Thanks for your help.

Default Re: Need help with Photo & Graphic Designer 2013 galleries and xarainfo

Welcome to TG crane.
    I'm not sure I follow, but what gallery are you trying to open, if it's the designs gallery and you want to add your own designs, navigate to the folder you want to open and click add, this will create a folder in the designs gallery showing the contents of that folder that you can now access from that gallerry.
    Last edited by wizard509; 14 January 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Welcome to TG crane.
    I'm not sure I follow, but what gallery are you trying to open, if it's the designs gallery and you want to add your own designs, navigate to the folder you want to open and click add, this will create a folder in the designs gallery showing the contents of that folder that you can now access from that gallerry.
    I didn't provide enough information.
    I was following a tutorial on creating an invitation using Photo & Graphic Designer. The first steps in the tutorial were:

1. open the design gallery
    2. open disc design
    3. open xarainfo file

The xarainfo wasn't there.
    Do I need the xarainfo file or like you said, just click on the gallery and the folders inside?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Crane, Welcome to Talkgraphics Can you post a link to the tutorial you are doing? I think there may be a mistake in the tutorial. To add files to the designs gallery you click disc design and navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains the files you want to add and open that folder, and simply click add. If you haven't yet added these files to the gallery you won't see a xarainfo file, this is created when the program imports your files into the gallery, and is not the actual files but rather information that Xara needs to display them in the gallery.

To use files that come with your Xara program simply open the designs gallery, click the folder you want to open it and if there are more folders inside click the folder you need and you will see thumbnails of the artwork just drag and drop them into your document.

To use files you have added is exactly the same except your files will not be nested in subfolders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I've been searching for the tutorial and I can't find it. I will keep trying.

Your replay has been helpful. Thank you.

Do you know of any book that helps a person learn how to use photo & graphic design 2013?
    Last edited by crane; 14 January 2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: additional question

Check out

http://www.xaraxone.com/

This is the only available book (for an older version of the software) http://www.amazon.com/Xara-Xtreme-5-...&keywords=xara

Quote Originally Posted by crane View Post
    Do you know of any book that helps a person learn how to use photo & graphic design 2013?
    no, only the one pauland mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hello Crane, Welcome to Talkgraphics Can you post a link to the tutorial you are doing? I think there may be a mistake in the tutorial. To add files to the designs gallery you click disc design and navigate to the folder on your hard drive that contains the files you want to add and open that folder, and simply click add. If you haven't yet added these files to the gallery you won't see a xarainfo file, this is created when the program imports your files into the gallery, and is not the actual files but rather information that Xara needs to display them in the gallery.

To use files that come with your Xara program simply open the designs gallery, click the folder you want to open it and if there are more folders inside click the folder you need and you will see thumbnails of the artwork just drag and drop them into your document.

To use files you have added is exactly the same except your files will not be nested in subfolders.
    This is a good explanation by Angelize She is correct, there must be an error in the tutorial.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Tutorial link: http://outsider.xara.com/tutorials/november12/index.htm
    There is no error with "open xarainfo file.
    1.Download the free wedding clipart file in step #1 in the tut. open your programme, click “Disk design”.
    2. locate the folder where you have downloaded the clipart file and click on widding invitation folder
    3.You will have the “xar info” now just click on it and the click on “Add”
    4.This will create a new folder in “Design gallery”
    5.open it and then start working normal with the tut step #2..........................done
    Best regards
    BP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No_error#1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	94058   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No_error.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	94059  

Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Thank you BP. It worked . The xara file is a necessary component to this software and I was getting frustrated so thank you and angelize, wizard509 and paulard.

Hi,
    If there is no XaraInfo file available in the directory..Xara will create it for you.
    Open Xara and the then open the specific Gallery you want from the flyouts and click on 'disc files' navigate to the directory you want to add
    You should then get an option to update or ADD click ADD and Xara will create the XarInfo file and it should now show up (you may have to do similar with sub-directories.
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card