Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Submenu format

Default Submenu format

A submenu seems to be restricted to text to be left format only so no indent/centring can be achieved, to take text away from the edge/border.
    Also additional submenus to the right have to have the same colour as the main submenus and also cannot be indented or centered.

Or am I missing something again:-((

Peter

Default Re: Submenu format

You can use ALT+255 (use numeric keypad) to add as many spaces you like in front of the text label for submenus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spaces.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	94035

You are correct about colours though.
    Only way around the restrictions of the navbar creator is to build your own navbars using popup layers (the old way )

Yeah, agree. The current drop down menus leave a lot to be desired. Especially in light of how NetObjects Fusion handles the same thing.

I complained to someone high up at Xara who told me that this is the way drop down menus SHOULD be handled!

I would go the extra step and create custom drop down menus using layers. It is a lot of unnecessary work but in the end it is well worth the trouble.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for information.

Lots to learn and time running out:-((

Peter

I've been looking all over for this solution and I love the way the logic works here. I'll study your file until the logic sinks in enough to freestyle my own menu. At 1st glance it just made sense and really we are all ignoring the latest features of the program in favour of complete control of the design. I'm surprised the fundamental feature you have demonstrated here can't be automated into the main program features. Before reading this thread I contacted tech support with this concern and seemed to get an over defensive answer defending the existing built in sub menu options, which I think we agree here are very poor.
    I must say at this point that I'm not being critical of the program overall and have built a beer festival site recently with Xara Web Design Premium 9 which has received critical acclaim, so I am very happy really.
    I think the submenu feature has been neglected due to the fear that novice users would mess up their site navigation, which is disappointing. Serif's Web plus x6 program is far in advance of Xara regarding navigation features, but I was rebuffed when politely pointing this out to tech support.

Hi Stevey,
    I agree with your comments completely.
    The only thing I struggle with is the sub menu's. They look crap compared to everything else you can achieve with WD9.
    I too have WebPlus X6 from Serif and I like a lot of their features, but I feel more confortable in WD9.

Gary has helped me with quite a few hurdles I have faced and once again he helps here.

Best Regards,

Steve.