Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Digital Clock Widget? No longer works.

I have a webpage I created sometime ago used this digital clock widget. Now, when I open the webpage it no longer works.

I tried to fix it by replacing it but I can't remember the original source. I tried the Designers Gallery but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone have an answer as to WHY it no longer works or if there is another similar widget I can use OR perhaps there is a way to create something similar using a placeholder (it wouldn't have to be graphically as glitzy?

Please see attached example.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bug Re: Digital Clock Widget? No longer works.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    I tried to fix it by replacing it but I can't remember the original source. I tried the Designers Gallery but I couldn't find it.

Does anyone have an answer as to WHY it no longer works or if there is another similar widget I can use OR perhaps there is a way to create something similar using a placeholder (it wouldn't have to be graphically as glitzy?
    You used code in a Placeholder for this solution already. Open the Placeholder HTML code (Body) to view where you got it from (Widgetbox). The site, however, no longer returns your widget particulars.

Try searching Google for "widget" & "clock" but try looking for one with a JavaScript solution so you are not relying on an external resource.

Default Re: Digital Clock Widget? No longer works.

Thanks for the quick response. I am a little rusty at this.

I didn't realize it was calling an external source until I saw the "src="http://cdn.widgetserver.com/syndication/subscriber/InsertWidget.js">"

A lot of widgets have stopped working or have been retooled. For a while most of the Google widgets were not working and I think now they are again. Problems with security or privacy probably.

I found some examples by Googleing "java script for a digital clock".

I altered some of the original code used in the Placeholder for Example 3 of the attached Xara file; however, I am not sure why the extra cell appears to the right of the clock (do a Preview Whole Website in Xara).
    Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi John,

Please see attached xar. I've split the head and body sections into the head and body of the page. I noticed you had the body section duplicated in your version, hence the second box.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ugh! Thanks. I must have done that by accident while cutting and pasting.

Regards, John