Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Resize Flash

Default Resize Flash

Hi I need to make a completed flash smaller. I am using Xara 3.2. How do I do it? I did it years ago and it was easy so of course I didn't write it down. Can anyone remind me?
    Thanks
    Andrea

Default Re: Resize Flash

Not really sure Andrea. If you made the flash and still have the file, you could select all the elements in that frame and resize as a group. The rub might be that you will have to do it for each frame, making all of them the same size and not moving them, or if you do move them make sure every thing on each frame is all in the same position. If someone here knows how to resize any flash I sure would like to know.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Not really sure Andrea. If you made the flash and still have the file, you could select all the elements in that frame and resize as a group. The rub might be that you will have to do it for each frame, making all of them the same size and not moving them, or if you do move them make sure every thing on each frame is all in the same position. If someone here knows how to resize any flash I sure would like to know.
    Hi
    I still have the Zara file. I remember the first step was to open the frame menu and click on the "eye" symbol. After that I was able to resize the entire flash. I don't remember the 2nd step. I know I didn't do it frame by frame it was something really easy I thought I wouldn't forget it. I've tried clicking the eye, select all and then resizing but when I export the file is the same size.
    Andrea

Flash is infinitely expandable and if there are no constraints to size, the image can fill the entire browser.

How are you using the Flash? If you are using the Flash file on a web page then you need to specify the width and height in the HTML document where it references the .swf file.

Hi,
    I figured out how to do it in Zara 3.2. If you completed your flash and still have it with the zara extension you open the frame gallery click the eye and the check symbol in the frame gallery. Then go to edit-" select all", lock aspect ratio and type in the new size. Save and export. This only work if you have your original zara file.

X Xara.