Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Publising situation on network with 2 computers

I am just starting out with a new web program and have much to learn. My small home network has two computer on it. When I publish my web to the host the changed stuff shows up in the browser on my computer that I dont' do the editing on. But the one I use for making the pages always shows the old version instead of my new changes.
    Thanks

Default Re: Publising situation on network with 2 computers

One year and 5 days on, have you pressed Ctrl-F5?
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    One year and 5 days on, have you pressed Ctrl-F5?
    Acorn
    Is that a poke or a joke?

More a poke and not making a joke of you in any way.
    Simply wanted to know how you've progressed generally.
    You had over 5,000 views of your question and no one answered so I suppose I am poking all TGers to spare some time to answer as many questions as we can.
    I have had so much assistance from TG that I feel I owe something in return.

Acorn

I have learned so much from watching youtube and the tutorials at this site about the XARA software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soPXrh44rXE

Why 2 computers for one single thing buy some modern technology dude

Quote Originally Posted by hudafaeq View Post
    Why 2 computers for one single thing buy some modern technology dude
    Your comment makes no sense at all. I consider it to be a rude post. Clearly you did not correctly read or understand the situation, which Acorn did and told me how to correct it. Your advise to buy modern technology means nothing, for you have not a clues as to what I am using.

My OP simply explained I had a network with 2 computers on it. I edited on one of them and posted to my host company on the web. When looking at my corrections from the same computer I did the editing on, I saw the original web site not showing the changes I made. I had not refreshed CTRL F5 the computer. However the other computer on the network when I typed in my website address showed the new changes.

Hope this will help your attitude, which seemed to me that you were picking on me with an unjust cause either from a lack of understanding or just being rude.

Choctaw, I think I have learned from our previous dialogue in that I now consider that a flippant reply should only be between long-term acquaintances.
    If one is made here it should be also come with constructive detail to assist in resolving the original OP.
    I try my best to not be flippant and offer insights based on my experience, and sometimes, expertise.

For this OP, I had an experience where Ctrl-F5 failed to resolve anything. I finally "remembered" that I had accepted an offer to include CloudFlare free Content Delivery Network (CDN). This places my websites on their very fast servers and these are distributed globally. Site accesses are then much, much faster. The bit I "forgot" was a site refresh needs several hours unless you force the caching globally to be reset. Effectively, an Internet Ctrl-F5.

CDN is something we should all read up on, noting I am not promoting CloudFlare as Google offers CDN for common JavaScript libraries as well.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn.....I am now confused . What I said was meant for poster Hudafaeq a new member who as you can see decided to write...."Why 2 computers for one single thing buy some modern technology dude" It got my attention that the poster Hudafaeq was making fun of me. You on the other hand (the only one posting before this occurred) made me realize that a computer must be updated - refreshed before it will access my new changes to the hosting service. Hope this will be clear that I was commenting on the poster Hudafaeq and what was stated which seemed a bit rash toward me. Maybe I just get my feathers ruffled easy. I do enjoy my XARA software experience.

Choctaw, I was supporting your position in your reply to Hudafaed and at the same time adding another snippet for anyone who has had a similar experience in publishing and not seeing the update straight away.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat