Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WebDesigner Premium v8 Activation & Content Pack

I have been merrily travelling along using WebDesigner premium v8 for a few months now.

Until a few days ago when I had an internet access outage. Tried to open up WebDesigner, and without the internet access the program evidently would not alllow me to open it up. A window did open up showing my correct serial number info from purcahse (directly from Xara), but requested that I activate the product. I had previously gone through this procedure of activation during installation shortly after purchase.

Does Xara not "work" without internet access?? ie does the program specifically require internet access to a) check "activation status" and b) therefore work properly when not on-line.

Is the Content Pack a means to have the templates etc available to Xara WebDesigner when not on-line? I have also downloaded the Content Pack under this premise, but the "Activation" problem still arises when I am not on-line.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: WebDesigner Premium v8 Activation & Content Pack

Strange, I have no problem opening the application and using it while there is no internet access..
    You may need to contact Xara Support (support.xara.com)

I thought it strange also sledger...

I have sent a Ticket off to Xara, but they usually take a few days to reply, and my impatient me wants to get a handle on this issue because it's really annoying:-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaptureA.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	93964

I agree, but there's nothing anyone at TG can do about your Xara account and Xara software activation issues.
    A moderator might be able to refer Xara support to this thread, (though that could be considered queue jumping to others who are also waiting)

In any case, you're on line at the moment - what happens when you press 'Activate and register immediately' now?

It's my first post at TG, so I apologise if I chose an incorrect forum category.

I wasn't after anyone at TG to do anything about my Xara account/activation...I was just after info as to whether anyone may have experienced this issue and if so what the explanation was...

With regard to the screen shot provided...that was to demonstrate what occurs when I attempt to open WebDesigner when my laptop is not on-line...if after being presented with this window I the connect to the internet and click on the Activate and register Immediately online button, I am then informed that I have already activated the program..????

I see.
    So the program is only installed on your laptop (and no-where else), it functions fine when you have web access, but when you do not - the activation dialogue is displayed? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I see.
    So the program is only installed on your laptop (and no-where else), it functions fine when you have web access, but when you do not - the activation dialogue is displayed? Is this correct?
    Precisely the situation sledger.

Not ever seen this problem crop up before.. Be sure to report back when Xara support solve it for you

All good now sledger.

Xara evidently had a "hiccup" with the activation of my WebDesigner.

They reset the activation, and all seems fine.

Thanks for your views and time.

Great news..