Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Last Edited....

Default Last Edited....

I would like to see a couple edit's grace in the posting/reply settings.... for instance, posted a new worx today, and realized I missed choosing the right pic, so I load up the right pic and ... Gidgit Last Edited.... annoying to point that out, thanx... I think I have edit at least every so often because the mind just isn't as young as it used to be haha

Default Re: Last Edited....

Sounds reasonable. Let me look into it. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Editing out mistakes/typos/adding pics after posting is nothing to be embarrassed about. Pretty sure everyone has done it.

You have (and always have had 120 minutes) in which a user could edit a post. After 120 minutes only moderators and admins can edit a post or change a title.

But the pesky Time to Wait Before Starting to Display 'Edited by...' setting was set at at 5 minutes. So you could edit between 5 and 120 minutes after submitting but your post was tagged as edited.

I've upped the setting to 15 minutes before the Edited by notice is added. It does take more than 5 minutes sometimes to review or scare up an attachment.

I'm a little reluctant to go out more than 15 minutes because it does explain to folks why your post, that they read soon after you posted, is different and who made the changes --you the poster or a mod or admin.

So lets try 15 minutes and see how it works out for most folks.

And I agree with Steve, editing your post is nothing to be ashamed of, it shows that you proof your work and that you care that you messages are complete. But a little extra wiggle room doesn't hurt.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

One thing to be aware of when post-editing, especially if you change the text (or even replace it entirely with a line of ......... because you've had a change of mind!) is that those members who have subscribed to the thread will have had a copy of your original post content already sent to their email address as part of the 'Reply to thread' alert.