Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Do you accept credit card donations?

At 72 I easily get lost in the talkgraphics world. But I take great comfort, even before I touch my keyboard that there are courteous patient helpers from New Mexico USA to Australia that want to help me. That I rely on so much. Mama taught me many years ago to treat helpful people kindly and they'll stay that way. So... I'm on social security with a pocket change retirement, but I'm wondering if I could use my mastercard to send talkgraphics $20. ?

Gramps Curtis
    Hillsboro OH USA

Default Re: Do you accept credit card donations?

Gramps, I'll be 71 in a few weeks. Just think of 70 as the new 50.

While it would be nice to donate to the moderators, why not make a contribution to a worthy cause in the name of TalkGraphics. There are so many needy and deserving causes.

We all moderate because we like to share our knowledge and help people. And when we do, and we make someone's Xara experience positive, that is more than adequate payment for us (or at least for me, but I am sure the other moderators will agree).

Thanks for the appreciation.

@gwpriester, If you guys do not want direct donations, do you have any suggestions of worthy causes that you guys support for a donation in the name of TalkGraphics?

- deleted -
    Last edited by pauland; 20 February 2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Question was directed at GaryP

this post was removed by author
    Last edited by TXAlba; 21 February 2013 at 08:07 PM. Reason: oops
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

I don't think it's appropriate to give a link to donate to another forum that's unconnected to TalkGraphics. If you think it's appropriate, then at least explain that the other forum is not affilliated to TalkGraphics.

This isn't a dig at the Xara-Users forum, where Steve and Co dish out great advice, but at least explain the situation properly before encouraging people to part with their money. I'm sure Steve would be grateful for a donation, but be clear.
    Last edited by pauland; 21 February 2013 at 08:17 PM.

thought it was connected (also why i donated there) my mistake so will correct

There is a crossover in the sense that Xara users often frequent both forums (not me), and Steve is a great contributor to TG, but essentially Xara-Users is Steve's baby and not connected officially to TG. TG is funded by Xara and (I think) Steve looks after Xara-Users with donations gratefully received.

To be clear, I've no objection to people helping Steve out, but they need to understand what they are doing and that it's a seperate entity to TG.

I think visitors to the Xara-Users can make their choices there. This is not an official TG position, just my opinion.

thanks for heads up pauland......... silly mistake to make, i don't post on the other either but was (as the OP) looking for a way to give something back to all the great advice i have been given here by TG members, i guess thanks is thanks enough.

I guess thanks is thanks enough

On TG I think that's always been the case.