Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: canal boat

Default canal boat

This about 5 minutes from where I live in the centre of Birmingham. Just to show its not all gloom. Taken on a sunny day, today 6 Jan.
    Played about with Photomatix HDR trial version from a single RAW file to see what happens. The detail in the water was blown out due to the bright sun and I couldn't recover it so its not very good, but hopefully we'll get another sunny day sometime this year so I'll have another go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canal boat.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	93938  
    Last edited by masque; 05 January 2013 at 03:23 PM.

Default Re: canal boat

I recognize the bridge from one of your other photos. Very surreal image.

That's another great image, Derek. I love the mildly-HDR look and the way it avoids the typical over-HDR look that some people seem to like. I'm too lazy to carry around the tripod that's needed for "real" HDR multiple images and have never got satisfactory results from software which claims to be able to align handheld multiple bracketed shots - but lately I've really got to like ACDSee Pro and its exposure control method which allows a fine degree of tuning and can get a great look from a single shot.

Jon

Lovely picture Derek, very moody.

Very very cool! Like an illustration from tale

Quote Originally Posted by JonH27 View Post
    That's another great image, Derek. I love the mildly-HDR look and the way it avoids the typical over-HDR look that some people seem to like. I'm too lazy to carry around the tripod that's needed for "real" HDR multiple images and have never got satisfactory results from software which claims to be able to align handheld multiple bracketed shots - but lately I've really got to like ACDSee Pro and its exposure control method which allows a fine degree of tuning and can get a great look from a single shot.

Jon
    I took a photo and saved as a raw file which then had the exposure bracketed three ways under/correct/ over as required and these three were then merged as an HDR image, so one photo saved three ways and merged, no ghosting etc. Does tend to emphasise grain or noise a little though.