I'm a Xara Designer Pro X user, with no php experience (yet). When developing websites using Xara, being able to preview prior to uploading to a remote web server has been a hugely valuable capability; in fact I'd say its indispensable for developing/debugging. When incorporating php scripts into web design, how is previewing accomplished? Since I have no clue about this process, there are several possibilities that come to mind, but I've really no idea which scenario (or whether some other) applies:

(1) Will Xara handle (execute) the php scripts with its internal previewing system? This "previewing system" appears to simply call a browser and pass the local url for the file being previewed, which doesn't seem like it would execute php.
(2) Will I need to be running a web server program (such as IIS or Apache), and if so, will Xara play nicely with the server when using Xara's own internal preview system, making the php execution transparent to the developer?
(3) Will it be necessary to exit Xara and preview by having the server software 'serve up' the page? This sounds like a crappy solution...

Thanks to anyone who knows!

Joe