Quote Originally Posted by trukkerz View Post
mmm thanks for that i will have to give that some thought - although I have never came across it before it sounds logical but I would of thought keeping the mouseoff and mouseover layers together reduces the risk of renaming them unless that is just me - keep up the good work :-)
I will try to explain a little better what I mean. Imagine that the information I write below is layers and each name represents a layer:

Scripts
Information
Other Content
Mouse-Over Layer
Videos
Images
Mouse-Off Layer

Notice how the mouse over layer is mixed in with all other layers? If for some reason you accidently change the mouse-over layers you want know it because its mixed in with other layers. Whearas if you list it this way you will immediately notice if proper layers still are named properly:

Mouse-Over Layer
Scripts
Information
Other Content
Videos
Images
Mouse-Off Layer

By keeping the special layers at bottom and top I can immediately see if they have proper names. When your website starts to grow bigger and you have a lot of layers sometimes you make mistakes that can effect how your website behaves and by keeping the layers the way I have shown allows me to eliminate that as one of the problems. Sometimes I also have viewers send me their files if they need help with finding out what is going on with their website and this allows me to quickly check if they have a problem with layers or not.