Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 2 Issues...

Post 2 Issues...

2 issues.....

1st, the height of one of my pages is 10368px. I keep trying to increase that size a lot more - maybe about half that. I've tried something like 20000px, and I get theis message, "The page height you entered was invalid. It must pe a positive, non-zero measurement, maximum for page and margins is about 9ft (2.75M), minimum 4 pixels.". How do I increase the height of my page? Let say I want to double its current size. How do I do that?

2nd, where could I find and successfully integrate animated and designer buttons into the program? I'm looking to improve the look of my website. I've already checked the buttons it provides, but I'm looking for something better.

Default Re: 2 Issues...

Let say I want to double its current size. How do I do that?
    [1] You cannot. There is a limit to the size of the page for very good reasons

The reason for the 2.75m limit is to avoid overflow errors during coordinate manipulation. Xtreme needs "headroom" to be able to multiply, add, divide, (etc.) coordinates within signed 32-bit integers at all zoom factors and the maximum zoom factor can multiply coordinates by 256 times.

We have allowed a safety margin so you might get away with loading larger drawings but you run the risk of your document being rendered incorrectly at extreme zoom factors and it may become corrupted if you try to edit it.

PhilM
    Xara Group Ltd Developer
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...977#post237977
    Aside from this consideration, please don't create massively long web pages full of content which force feeds visitors to your site with content the browser must load.
    This would make visiting your pages an arduous affair.

[2] You can easily create your own web buttons with mouseover and even mousedown effects. You can find tutorials on this and other Xara related sites and forums.

Default Re: 2 Issues...

Good info Sledger.

Michael - Here's some of the basics for creating your own buttons http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/wo...orkbook_2.html

Making your own buttons is half the fun of making your own website. And it is very addicting.