Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: autoplay movie

Default autoplay movie

Recently I purchased Web Designer MX Premium and am starting to build a web site. On my front page I want to play a brief movie one time, but can't seem to get that to work.

The movie was purchased from Shutterstock and converted to MP4. When I try to import the movie into the page, I'm asked whether I want it to start playing automatically, and I click Auto start, but the next dialog that comes up says "Internal program error 1072.k.pl.lt".

So then I signed up for a Magix video widget (I sure am getting tired of having to create passwords!). It accepts the movie and will play it, but I can't see how to get the movie to play automatically when someone opens the page, and without all the video controls.

Can someone help? Should I be using some other widget?

I apologize if this is a redundant post, but the search function doesn't seem to work properly. I get a gazillion unrelated threads.

Default Re: autoplay movie

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I don't have the answer to this, but check back. Some of the members who are more knowledgeable will probably have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by smalldairy View Post

So then I signed up for a Magix video widget (I sure am getting tired of having to create passwords!). It accepts the movie and will play it, but I can't see how to get the movie to play automatically when someone opens the page, and without all the video controls.
    Where does one get/see this widget you are referring too? I have Xara Web Designer 7 Premium.

Look in the Media Widgets folder in the Designs Gallery.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page Elements.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	93828  

I have seen those but none of them appear to let you host your own video files. Youtube is great but I'd prefer not to have Google advertise on my site.

Usually it is a simple drag and drop to get the MP4 onto the page. Not sure why you are getting the error. Have you opened a ticket with support ?

It works but only through flash and with almost no options. I was hoping for one with HTML5 support, the ability to turn off looping etc.

See the next post by GWPriester.

I thought I did, but never got a response and don't see anything on the support page. I'll resubmit.