Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flower Plaque

Paths exported to Illustrator 8 from PS-CS from a frame design that I found. Then stroked in Illustrator and exported as an Illi 8.EPS and into XaraX it went (another reason that XaraX's filters need updating, an EPS exported from PS-CS will not open up in XaraX! )

Once into XaraX I applied an Arrange/Join Shapes, placed a rectangle behind it and selected both shapes and then Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes. Moved the un needed area away from the rest and then with the central shape did an Arrange/Break Shapes. So then I had all these neat shapes to work with.

Beveled the top layer, cloned that, unbevled that, filled it with White and applied a 3 point transparency to it. Placed that over the top and grouped. Added a shadow. Bottom design filled with green, used the Color Editor and slelected "Local Fill Color" and added some Black to it for depth. Then chose the 4 color fill and that leaves the Forest Green color as one of them. Add a shadow to that and aligned that behind the beveled shape.

I then created a Bitmap copy of the almost finished compostition and then cloned the grouped composition and applied an Arrange/Combine Shapes/Add Shapes and had a solid shape. Placed that over the Bitmap copy and applied an Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes which left me with a shape filled with a bitmap that I could add Bitmap Effects to. So then I used the Unplugged Effects/Noise, sliders more towards the left. Placed that Noise shape over the composition and applied Stained Glass Transparency and then moved the sliders towards the middle untill I liked what I saw.

Exported as a GiF with Error Difussion, resized it in Irfanview with Transparency intact and here it is.

It's no great thing but it was fun doing it. XaraX rules for sure!!

Richard

http://www.ramwolffsworld.com/RAMWolffsWorld
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flower_PlackS.gif 
Views:	235 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	13580  
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Paths exported to Illustrator 8 from PS-CS from a frame design that I found. Then stroked in Illustrator and exported as an Illi 8.EPS and into XaraX it went (another reason that XaraX's filters need updating, an EPS exported from PS-CS will not open up in XaraX! )

Once into XaraX I applied an Arrange/Join Shapes, placed a rectangle behind it and selected both shapes and then Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes. Moved the un needed area away from the rest and then with the central shape did an Arrange/Break Shapes. So then I had all these neat shapes to work with.

Beveled the top layer, cloned that, unbevled that, filled it with White and applied a 3 point transparency to it. Placed that over the top and grouped. Added a shadow. Bottom design filled with green, used the Color Editor and slelected "Local Fill Color" and added some Black to it for depth. Then chose the 4 color fill and that leaves the Forest Green color as one of them. Add a shadow to that and aligned that behind the beveled shape.

I then created a Bitmap copy of the almost finished compostition and then cloned the grouped composition and applied an Arrange/Combine Shapes/Add Shapes and had a solid shape. Placed that over the Bitmap copy and applied an Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes which left me with a shape filled with a bitmap that I could add Bitmap Effects to. So then I used the Unplugged Effects/Noise, sliders more towards the left. Placed that Noise shape over the composition and applied Stained Glass Transparency and then moved the sliders towards the middle untill I liked what I saw.

Exported as a GiF with Error Difussion, resized it in Irfanview with Transparency intact and here it is.

It's no great thing but it was fun doing it. XaraX rules for sure!!

Richard

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Richard,

A really functional design you got there. It could be used for all kinds of purposes.

It went in and out of all kinds of apps I can see... Yeah, those import/export filters need some tweeking for sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Richard: ...placed a rectangle behind it and selected both shapes and then Arrange/Combine Shapes/Slice (cut) Shapes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    --- Love the flexibility and the speed at which you can slice and dice in Xara X!

Nice work! Thanks for sharing!

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

Thanks for takin' a peek Risto and thanks for the kind comments and observations.

I look forward to Judi and a few of the ladies taking a look-see, it's kinda up their alley and I had many of the ladies here at TG in mind when I was working on it!

What with all these cars and what not lately at TG we need a few dandelions and pretty things to balance it all out!!

Richard

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Box Elder, SD - Home of the Sick, Twisted and totally Perverted...

Hey Richard,

I think it is cool man. Like wow...

John/DOT
    John/DOT

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---