Larry, read your tag line!

Never give up!

Hey, I started modeling in 1992, after a hip operation, so I had little to do other than use my first computer and something called Macromedia's MacroModel.

And I've kept with the art of 3D modeling and rendering for close to 30 years.

You are a very gifted artist, Larry, and you chose your media a long time ago. Give Sculptris 30 years and have a hip operation and you're all set :)

Seriously, I was originally hired as an Art Director on Madison Avenue, and physical drawing remains my love. But computers, with the right software, are so damned FUN that a film director, whose film I worked on, told me that I'm a Jack of all Trades and a Mediocre Master of All trades.

He meant it as a compliment.

You, Larry, have a particular artistic calling that no one else can match or imitate, because it's all about you.

It's self-expression, in a very directed and mature way.

Hey, download any of these modeling programs, take a tool that can draw polygons away from the surface, and do this for an hour or so and it's very therapeutic regardless of the result. Mangling things is a great stress-reliever. :) See attached,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funny Octopus.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	131384

...annnnd, this is getting a little off-topic. Let's start an O/T on "The Artist", what motivates us, and screw any specific application, huh?

No disrespect to Xara or MAGIX. It's just that I was a physical artist way before (okay, a little before) computer graphics programs.