Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Sculptris

Hybrid View

Default Re: Sculptris

Thanks for this information luxxeon... I remember when this app first came out... a few of us here at TG played around with it for a bit... then again, we also had ZBrush, so it was fun to test drive, and then back on the lot sort of thing... do you work with this toolset within ZB currently?

FWIW, if your budget is a whole round number approaching zero, the 2011 iteration of Sculptris is still available, zero support (fair enough), but free and a good self-training area for that big jump to Z Brush.

Sculptris Win and Mac

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Good Place Guy.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	125586

I used a forensic modeling program to do a rough 3D sculpt, then detailing, then texturing, and then into modo for lighting and rendering. No, it's not up to the finesse other, more experience 3D portrait artists do, but I know how to juggle. Can they? :)

I must commend Pixelogic for leaving a legacy product up, not for 8 years. Some manufacturers close the door the split second a new, more expensive program c0omes out, and I'm not picking on any specific company Adobe.

My Best,

Gary

Just downloaded it, and I'll play with it as soon as I have time, see what I can do with it...