Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sculptris

Default Re: Sculptris

This is trending, Og: SMB—small to medium businesses—are actually giving up selling off their own web page, and migrating towards social media, getting a corporate account, and more or less "set it and forget it".

I make precious little over my font store over on Creative Market, but then again, I don't work it at all. It's for lunch money, but I must say, the conglomerate of online graphics resources ain't a bad place for your goods or mine. Create a number of suitable for framing stereograms and then gradually offer custom work.

They're always giving away free content, and I'm always downloading it, and that's the classic "bait and switch" from advertising. You download a "loss leader", then they "getch" before you check out with something tailored for to your tastes before you check out.

I'm not a sucker, but I will buy useful things. Example: a digital sculptor posted a beautiful collection of the four elements. I really don't have the time to learn how to do this myself, I think at the time they were $12 for the four.

I think the maxim is, "You get less than what you pay for, and as a vendor, you get less than you want."

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    This might go better in a different thread, but Sculptris was acquired by Pixologic a few ago, and although it doesn't have the feature set of ZBrush, the price to date is free, and I'd think would be of interest to folks who want to get into sculpting after solid geometry and parametric surfaces has worn thin.

I'd compare this free product to both Autodesk Mudbox and 3D Coat, not as feature-filled, but Scuptris has gotten me where I want to go more than once. If you just need to move surface areas and rotate and scale them, and don't want or need stencils and other tangentially related features...

Download Sculptris for the price of a user name and email address

They're really not phishing; they just want to send you a link to download, and to try to send you a regular newsletter.

This image is not displacement-mapped. I sculpted the coin's face with Scultpris and this is part of an animation inside C4D with GI and all that good stuff.

Attachment 93712

My Best,

Gary

I'm impressed I tried the prog. and still have it but NEVER could I ever do anything like that.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Larry, read your tag line!

Never give up!

Hey, I started modeling in 1992, after a hip operation, so I had little to do other than use my first computer and something called Macromedia's MacroModel.

And I've kept with the art of 3D modeling and rendering for close to 30 years.

You are a very gifted artist, Larry, and you chose your media a long time ago. Give Sculptris 30 years and have a hip operation and you're all set :)

Seriously, I was originally hired as an Art Director on Madison Avenue, and physical drawing remains my love. But computers, with the right software, are so damned FUN that a film director, whose film I worked on, told me that I'm a Jack of all Trades and a Mediocre Master of All trades.

He meant it as a compliment.

You, Larry, have a particular artistic calling that no one else can match or imitate, because it's all about you.

It's self-expression, in a very directed and mature way.

Hey, download any of these modeling programs, take a tool that can draw polygons away from the surface, and do this for an hour or so and it's very therapeutic regardless of the result. Mangling things is a great stress-reliever. :) See attached,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funny Octopus.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	131384

...annnnd, this is getting a little off-topic. Let's start an O/T on "The Artist", what motivates us, and screw any specific application, huh?

No disrespect to Xara or MAGIX. It's just that I was a physical artist way before (okay, a little before) computer graphics programs.

Excellent idea Gare.

Should I bring it up with The Administrator?

I know her.

Lol, I am sure you do Now I am wondering as to how you are doing Gare?