Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: print preview?

Default Re: print preview?

Sledger, as I said, mine defaults to Chrome even though I have IE as the default browser. I cannot see any way of changing that. I suspect it has something to do with installing Xara while Chrome was my default - a minor bug if you like. I'm not worried about it.

One thing I appear to have been incorrect about is Chrome having trouble with PNG. The trick is to click the Preview button before Browser Preview - then the PNG renders properly. Like this:

Attachment 93719

It's not perfect, I know, but in answer the the OP it could serve as a "print preview" to save on paper and ink.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 25 December 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Images removed by request

Don't quite follow you, but that preview is used for animation, don't think Chrome comes into it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ani.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	93720
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

This is getting a little confusing right now. I don't think Export as JPG, and subsequent Browser Preview, is for animation.

As the images I have uploaded clearly demonstrate, this works as a "print preview" for me. Therefore, it might help the OP in the absence of a true Print Preview function within Xara.
    Last edited by DOAADI; 25 December 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Don't kow how to get to that preview Bear with me, you're not clicking on this are you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gif.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	93721
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

File >> Export JPEG... >> provide a filename >> Settings.

Under Bitmap Size tab, select Page (that eliminates the off-page objects).

Under Browser Preview tab, first click the Preview button at the bottom of the dialog(ue) box, then click the Browser Preview button within the tab.

.... misread post

Ah ... right ... ok

Thanks very much for the replies. I tried all the preview suggestions and made my image a little bigger as a test then checked the setting under File/Print options/Print layout then selected the "Automatic fit" button and that works well enough, thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by DOAADI View Post
    Sledger, as I said, mine defaults to Chrome even though I have IE as the default browser. I cannot see any way of changing that. I suspect it has something to do with installing Xara while Chrome was my default - a minor bug if you like. I'm not worried about it.
    Seems to me that the easiest thing to do at this point would be to uninstall Chrome, at least temporarily.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

It worries me so little that I'm not going to fiddle with my system and risk it not working at all

After all, if Xara already thinks Chrome is the default browser when it isn't, I wonder what it will think when it still thinks Chrome is the default but in fact isn't there at all?

On my List Of Things To Worry About, it doesn't even make the top 500