Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Talking Re: THE DARK ROOM -- Developments of the evening scene

lol! But ya gotta admit, John, that would be an astonishing feat and would put all our previous efforts to shame!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Default Re: THE DARK ROOM -- Developments of the evening scene

Yea... I guess we would have to give him a Rich's bug club honary membership and everything.

But I am still keeping the secret decoder ring.

uh huh i leave the room and ya all start talking about me. here is the best of tonites moon shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT1250.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	20267  
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Hi Maya the astrophotography i have seen out on the net with this scope was pretty impressive especially for its size.. i really wanted the etx125 but that will come in do time. as far as the laser sight in NJ we gots to be real careful with lasers at night. during the spring i think it was a guy pointed a laser pen in the sky to point smoething out and he ended up pointing at a plane as it flew into his field of vision and he got a big fine for it something to do with the patriot act as it was taken as a threat on the aircraft.

Oh John i still might be moving out to montanna in october so i will be right in between you and Maya. towns called Missoula.
    Mike

Heard that name before, so you would not be that far off... distance is a little different out here in the boonies... Distance is counted in time, not miles. That is only 4 hours away, etc... Larger states, larger distances... and nothing in between. You are lucky if you see a tree.

Nice moon shot. Didn't feel like taking shots tonight. got the full moon, so I thought I would give it a rest for a few days. Still have to work on the focus for this big lense. Looks in focus in my viewfinder, and when I review it on the camera, still looks fuzzy in the computer. I have about a 5 degree arc between fuzzy and fuzzy on this lense. Trying to find the right spot is not super easy.
    Last edited by John Rayner; 22 August 2005 at 09:08 AM.

its in the northwest corner of the state. it borders Canada and i believe its Utah if i remember my geography correctly.
    Mike

what about auto focus? or setting the manual to infinity? not sure about slr's but with mine thats what i do. and it seems to work pretty good
    Mike

The lense is a fully manual lense. Setting the focus to max (infinity) gives me a blurry picture. I have to back it off a bit and then I get an arc of about 5 degrees where the image looks okay to good. Now somewhere in that 5 degree point is the in focus point. The problem is, what I am trying to get in focus does not show up in the viewfinder. It is a trail and error method, with lots of eyestrain. but real fun to pway with.

took lots of shots , pwaying within my 5 degree arc... I think this was the best shot of the bunch. what do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upload1.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	20297  

Hi, this shot is so .....beautiful!!!! Cool!!!