Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MG TC Art

Default MG TC Art

A little auto art I just completed. Who can't like the classic lines of an MG TC?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...rk/MGSmall.jpg

Default Re: MG TC Art

Very nice Car Gray.
    I see it is in the Non Xara Gallery. Did you make it with Xara or some other program?
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Nice job on the Mg Gray... pretty cool...

Like Bruce, I am wondering which program did you abuse yourself with to create this nice work.

Thanks a4hire, John. I used Ulead GIF Annimator 5, creating only the one frame. I'm just learning the basics of Xara and don't feel very competent in it yet. I think Xara will be a great tool when I understand it better. Its capabilities are light years ahead of the program I use now. Thanks again.

Gray.

Hey Gray have you watched the videos for xara yet? They are well worth the watch for both experienced users and folks just learning the joys of xara. You can always read a few of Gary's xaraxone tuts... excellent ideas from a xara master.

John, I had watched the videos. They were very helpful for getting started. Gary's tuts are also excellent. I think its mostly my slow learning curve. Spring, summer and fall I'm usually pretty busy doing yard work and enjoying the outside activities. Not too much time for computers. Once our rainy winter season starts I'll have more time to spend on Xara. Thanks again.

Gray.

Hey Gray,

You just need to doodle and pway... You will be surpized with what xara can generate with such little effort.

Great job Gray ... regardless of program, that's a darned fine effort. Love the wire wheels. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice work on the MG! I used to have an MG TD (1951 version) which I drove quite a lot as my primary transportation (hence the added bumper guards and turn signals for extra safety -- people often stare at these cars and don't notice the original small lights as well as they should ) anyway, it was lots of fun to drive but not so good in the rain. I helped my father restore it. I no longer have this car -- had to get something more "practical" later on -- but I miss it. Here's an old snapshot of it. There's quite a few differences between the TC and TD.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mgtd51.JPG 
Views:	262 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	20786  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks OklaEd.

Crow Haven, I could sit and look at these old MG's all day. Great photo. I bet you are sorry you don't have it anymore. My brother used to have an MG TC. He restored it from the frame up. My cousin bought a TD new. What great automobiles. Simple and fun. Where has that type of car gone?

Gray.