Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: mobile site test

Cheerz Miko - Done that now :-)

There are more spelling errors (e.g. Accomodation, Tarriff). Are you aware of the "Check Spelling as you type" option and "Spellchecker" tool?

The mobile site wasn't produced using Xara software - I guess that strictly speaking it's in the wrong forum.

It is still a copy of the main site and carries all the errors though!

"The mobile site wasn't produced using Xara software - I guess that strictly speaking it's in the wrong forum"

Yes you are right - can someone delete this thread as I dont see an option to do so - cheerz

I've since thought about it being in the wrong forum - I guess the original question was whether the site switch to mobile worked - on the Xara site - so the original question is about the Xara site!

It's till a relevant thread.

There's an important point in this thread - particularly about spelling - whether it be on the mobile site, or the non-mobile site, spelling is really important and a lot more care and attention is required. We all make slip-ups but the sites have had more than the odd slip-up.

It doesn't matter if the copy/content is given to you as a designer, you should make sure basic mistakes aren't there. If spelling is a problem, get someone who can spell well to check the site over.

The only exception to this, is for our American cousins, who frequently miss out "u"s in their words and other similar things, so we must consider them as a lost cause.. ;-)

what about missing "s"'s

unlesss this was a Freudian slip

Not quite sure I follow - unless you mean the mutation of S into Z.

In fairness, I once worked freelance at the Oxford University Press, working on dictionary automation, and a lot of discussion took place about the words used in my documents, whether the spelling was the correct one ( they were spelled correctly, but there were variants on the spelling). Often the discussion was about americanized spelling which sometimes had old roots predating the UK version. I think "disk" or "disc" invited some debate. It's that kind of place!
    Last edited by pauland; 24 December 2012 at 11:06 AM.

"It's till a relevant thread." should be "It's Still a relevant thread.

Good spot!