Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default mobile site test

hi guys can I ask a favour - could you tell me if this site is reverting to a mobile site when viewed on a mobile phone - cheerz

http://www.watersedgehotel-blackpool.co.uk/

Default Re: mobile site test

Yes trukkerz it's loading http://m.watersedgehotel-blackpool.co.uk/ on my android. Nice site.

Edit: There's a missing image on the About page under the heading ACCOMODATION.

The videos page only gives "Adobe Flash The content is not supported"
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 21 December 2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok thanks for that - i will check the missing image - not sure about the video its a youtube video ?? cheerz

ok I found the stray blank image - not sure how that got there but removed it - and hopefully sorted video :-)

cheerz
    Last edited by trukkerz; 21 December 2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: sorted problems on site

I use http://www.mobilephoneemulator.com/ to check my mobile sites. You need to paste in your sub domain to view the mobile version.

The link to the video is not to youtube but:
    http://www.a1tourism.com/uk/waters-edge.html
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

ok thanks - the reason i was asking someone to check it was i had an email off someone saying it wasnt mobile optimised basically wasnt showing the mobile site but the main xara created site - so i went and tried a few emulators with mixed results - some worked and some didn't -

is it possible to do a mobile site in xara and just use the redirect script or isnt that possible ?

cheerz

Yes it's possible to do a mobile site in Xara but it won't be optimised.

Here's an example of a site that looks good on most mobiles:

http://www.parkeston.com/prc2012/leagues/index.htm

Name:  gif.gi.gif
Views: 196
Size:  2.7 KB

Basically it's just a very small page size site.

Remember Rollovers etc don't work well on mobiles and I'd keep it lean & mean. If someones not using WiFi downloading images etc can be very hefty on their allowed bandwidth.

If someone's having problems viewing your mobile site it could depend on their platform and how your getting the redirect.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 21 December 2012 at 02:00 AM.
    Egg

thanks - the redirect is a bit of javascript in the head section - love the circular flash on that site

cheerz

The mobile site is done through my host - hostgator they had an offer on $2.50 for a mobile site and it was a case of just copy/paste text from the main site and then they supplied the script for the redirect - so prob stick with this option .

thanks for your time

Working fine on my iPhone.

I have to say that the mobile site is a lot classier than the full-sized one, and if they didn't have a name on the pages, I'd have said that they were different hotels completely at first glance.

First time I've come across a hotel that's closed on the weekend.

cheerz paul - probably more classy because i didnt design it - its all template based :-)

oops! didnt realise the opening hours - cheerz (open all week now!)

You still have not corrected the spelling mistakes in the Tarrif page garenteed should be guaranteed. and Minuets should be minutes.