Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs up Free Barkentina Typeface Serif Font

Barkentina is a new font with full set of correct Bulgarian Cyrillic letters. It contains also Ligatures and Small Caps. It's a display typeface, focused on elegant, stylish and art-deco looking print and web materials.

Download Now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e332390f7cc72ae4faedd7b679785af2.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	93543

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Free Barkentina Typeface Serif Font

Hello Socialh, welcome to Talkgraphics New users are not normally permitted to post links but as this is a helpful link and in the appropriate forum I'm going to let this one go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Aside from the question of SPAM, may I draw your attention to the recent font related vulnerability whereby an attacker might convince you to click on a link to a website.

Microsoft Security Bulletin MS12-078 - Critical
    Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2783534)
    Published: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 | Updated: Friday, December 14, 2012

Version: 1.1

General Information
    Executive Summary
    This security update resolves one publicly disclosed vulnerability and one privately reported vulnerability in Microsoft Windows. The more severe of these vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted document or visits a malicious webpage that embeds TrueType or OpenType font files. An attacker would have to convince users to visit the website, typically by getting them to click a link in an email message that takes them to the attacker's website.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...letin/ms12-078

I'd suggestion caution in allowing new users to post links to font sites at this time.

Welcome Socialh to TG. Barkentina is a lovely font, thank you for pointing it out to us.

Steve is right about there being a vulnerability related to the use of fonts. So, as always it is important for everyone to make sure that their computer is fully patched with the latest updates for their OS and that they run a good virus and anti-malware scanner before they visit new sites or download anything from the internet.

Fortunately Microsoft has fixed a buggy fix for this problem and all users should immediately update their computers with KB2783534.

For administrators and enterprise installations, or end users who want to install this security update manually, Microsoft recommends that customers apply the update immediately using update management software, or by checking for updates using the Microsoft Update service.

This forum is for the discussion of type, fonts and typography so the posting of links in this General area forum to nice fonts is going to happen and is usually OK. The moderators and the admin make judgement calls all the time on what is and isn't spam, it is part of their duties.
    Last edited by Barbara B; 23 December 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

I was just looking at this font again and there seem to be no descenders. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.