Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default A Day's End Report

A Day's End Report

I believe I wasted a little time because (again, again) I wasn't thinking outside of the box.

Attached are two frames that I retouched to remove the rider from the horse. These are about the best still images anyone offers on the web, from the motion studies of Edward Muybridge. It didn't take me long to trace one, but you know what?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muybridge.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	93761

We can do better, and really should, for Bill's sake.

So what I have here is a Poser horse (the DAZ Millennium horse, actually) in two different still poses. This is a LOT easier to trace, and because I can light the thing with edge lighting (as I taught in November in the video tutorial) we could Threshold the poses and make a more visually intricate typeface.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Poser-horses.jpg 
Views:	636 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	93762

I'm exactly $14 from getting motion tracks for the model so it will leap, gallop, and do about 7 other pacing motions. This would fill the character slots for the font, you know? What I'd like to do is ask our 3D Moderators if they can think of a better approach. I did give this some thought, but perhaps gidget or Mike might see a better still way to arrive at our goal. If not, I'm going to get the motion tracks, apply them, and then present the group with an animation—that if you approve it—I'll break it down into assignment-sized frames and we could in theory get to work by the New Year.

the animation tracks shown on youTube
    I can pose the frames better than the YouTube example.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files