As a tribute to Bill Taylor ( Soquili) we are going to start a new collaborative font project. The font will be called Soquili TG, and as many of you knew Bill was part Native American, and soquili is a Native American word for horse. The font will be a picture font containing images of Native American art and patterns, that Gary Bouton has rounded up for us.

As we did with the Burgeon font we will need to trace these images and then they will be made into a font. This project is open to anyone who would like to participate. We will need volunteers to trace the glyphs and if anyone has experience using Font Lab to create fonts I'm sure that Gary Bouton would appreciate the help with that part of the process.

The font will be released under a SIL Open Font License and will require volunteers to post the following release with your full name and location. Copy and paste the release and change my information with yours, and post it in this thread. If anyone would prefer not to post their full name on the forum, you can post the release here with your screen name and PM either myself or Barbara Bouton with the release with your full name. And yes you have to post the release again even if you participated in a previous font collaboration project.

I, Frances Proctor, as a contributor to the project undertaken by a group in the TalkGraphics.com Fonts and Typography Forum, to create the following font, Soquili TG, grant a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute [the] Contributions I made to the work and such derivative works.

I understand that this is a license agreement only; it does not transfer copyright ownership and does not change my rights to use the artwork I contributed for any other purpose.

Frances Proctor, BC, Canada

Once we have an idea of how many volunteers we will have we will divide up the images, Gary has found over 80 images for us to use!