This has little to do with the typeface at the moment, but as Rik has requested, here's what one needs to create a glyph in a typeface:

• I realize it's hard to count, but ideally, a glyph should have no more than 200 control points. More, and it just slows the user down when they type with it. Understand that fonts are little runtime programs and the operating system needs to run the fonts.

• A glyph should be one shape, not two, not groups of shapes. You'd use the Shapes>Combine Shapes menu item.

• Lines aren't valid. All areas in a gylph have to be a shape, so if you designed a glyph with lines, you need to Convert line to Shape.

• Color makes no difference. I'll take a brown or a red glyph. The black you see when you type is the shape and white is clear, the absence of a shape in any given area.

I think those are the "biggies". If there are minor problems, I can fix them when I compile the font.

You know, those basketweave patterns looked quite handsome and would be useful in certain design situations. If I had the time, I'd play with the patterns, and see if there was an ideal style that lent itself to a glyph in a typeface. I've seen Rococo, Venetian, French-inspired from Art Nouveau, but I've never seen a Native American pattern glyph. I'm certain the Cherokee Nation has produced some visually stunning pattern work.

-g