Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Frequent crashes — Trial version — Designer Pro X

Having downloaded the 30 day trial version of Designer Pro X, I'm trying it out. One thing that bothers me are frequent crashes with messages such as:
    • Internal program error 2069.wcl.xt
    • Access violation exception at 0x009D6C4D

Is this just a problem with the trial version? I'm running Windows XP.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Xara experience (although it doesn't have all the fancy features, some of the simple repetitive things one does all the time in a vector program such as selecting fill and outline colours are a joy compared to AI), but I am worried about these crashes.

I also want to add that AI's user interface looks even more stiff and boring after being immersed in Xara.

Default Re: Frequent crashes — Trial version — Designer Pro X

I get those a lot too, I thought it was my new computer, or trying something that XDPX just wasn't designed to do.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by M.U.D. View Post
    Is this just a problem with the trial version? I'm running Windows XP.
    No, the trial is no different to the registered version.

Both yourself and Larry ought to contact Xara support and lodge reports about your 'crashes' with as many details as you can about your systems including what else is running in the background at the time and which security software you are using, because this is not normal behaviour at all.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As Steve says this is not normal behaviour for XDP Xara support are very good about following up on support tickets And if you get an error that asks you if you want to send a report it is a good idea to do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.