Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: surreak art

Default surreak art

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surrealism.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	93473

Thought I'f try and do something like those surreal CGI posters with the 3d transparent balls on the floor of a hallway.
    Who ever does those posters knows what they're doing.

Default Re: surreak art

Hi SB
    The three columns with the bitmap fills would look really neat if the fill was running water like from a tap. What do you think?

I got the idea from those CGI posters in HMV but the running water effetc might be just beyond my level.
    Worth a try.
    The pillars were supposed to be marble.

I don't know about your version of Xara, but if there is a Fills Gallery there should be some marble effects you could use :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Hi, I tried to search for the posters in question but I couldn't find anything resembling your description. Could you please clue me in as to where I could see them? Water running down the pillars might be difficult to show. but I wonder if a still image of water flowing down the pillars would be effective. Might be worth investigating.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

You might find them in shops that sell posters like HMV. I don't actually know the names of the pictures or artists but I have seen them in HMV or ATHENA.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    I don't know about your version of Xara, but if there is a Fills Gallery there should be some marble effects you could use :-)
    it was PGD7 and they were marble originally but something involving the transparency happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surreal art.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	93477

This is how it should have turned out like

P&GD7 (the positive responses I've been getting on here and three multi-media students I work with have given me some encouragement so I might give Paintshop Pro 5 a try next year seeing as Photoshop's way beyond me from what I've seen).
    Something to do with transparency caused the marble texture to vanish. Still, a good effort on trying tro do something like thoe CGI posters with the transparent orbs on the chequred backgrounds on my part.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I think it's a good effort and don't give up on Xara! Try experimenting with shading to give your image some depth. Here is an example using a marble column and a sphere. I've included a .xar file you can pull apart and see how the layers are done. It's rough and put together quite quickly but it should give you the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	depth example.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	93481  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by angelize; 10 December 2012 at 11:54 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.